• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...08#post1808508

Not to be a wet blanket, but am I the only one who thinks this is just a little tasteless/crass? Jokes are jokes and I know that they aren't being serious, but beating the hell out of your significant other just isn't funny no matter how you put it.

+1. For a site that promotes iGentitude I don't find this all that funny.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
strikethrough

I've been wanting to learn how to do that on this board for just about ever.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...08#post1808508

Not to be a wet blanket, but am I the only one who thinks this is just a little tasteless/crass? Jokes are jokes and I know that they aren't being serious, but beating the hell out of your significant other just isn't funny no matter how you put it.

+1. Too far. I posted a warning in that thread (not like that means ****) that it would be flagged if they kept up the same cadence of misogyny. Normally I'm not that sensitive, it just bothered me for some reason.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
+1. Too far. I posted a warning in that thread (not like that means ****) that it would be flagged if they kept up the same cadence of misogyny. Normally I'm not that sensitive, it just bothered me for some reason.

+1 that thread is truly offensive
frown.gif

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just squirreled the "Beating your girlfriend" thread for obvious reasons. I've said before, and I will say once more, "Dumb Threads" is not an excuse to a dick. Here's how to avoid a long time out: Don't be a dick.

Thanks,

Fok.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I think anything that even comes close on this forum to the trench of patheticness that is 4chan should be moderated. We need to invent some standards, then stick to them, the number of wierdos on this forum talking bizarre **** about women is staggering. I don't mind much on the internet, but internet misogyny really gets to me.

Also I'd like to complain about Fok. He deleted the posts in WAYWT that endorsed my tuck, but left the untuck endorsements. He's being clearly partisan, making me think he wants me to untuck. If a moderator wants me to untuck, then I have to untuck, obviously. How can I decide the best way to wear my clothes? Surely not by thinking by myself.

merkur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j, can we please have a :smalltimer: smiley?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't quite put my finger on what this guy is trying to sell. Life insurance maybe ?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yuio215o
m@t edit - I deleted all this...quoting spam makes it stronger (but yah, it was funny)
laugh.gif
Harry potter fan-fiction with spam links carefully hidden

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
j, can we please have a :smalltimer: smiley?

+1

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads