• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TLB MALLORCA - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Advice, sizing and reviews

Reaction score
I currently only own sneakers, this will be my first foray into goodyear welted boots and I want to make sure I get the best value to durability I can if I'm paying €400 on a pair of boots. I mainly just want to know how well the leather ages, in how much they crease.
For this kind of budget you're probably looking at brands like TLB, Carmina, Carlos Santos, Loake, ... Any of these brands will sell you a boot that is durable - provided you take good care of it.

Leather creasing is more determined by the type of leather and by the fit of the particular last on your foot than it is by the quality of the leather.
Generally speaking:
- Softer leathers (e.g. suede, tumbled calf) will show less creasing than stiffer leathers (e.g. boxcalf, vegano).
- Textured leathers (e.g. suede, grain) will hide the creasing better than smooth leaters (e.g. boxcalf, vegano).
- The better the shoe fits your foot, the less creasing it will show.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read a few sentiments around Styleforum from a while back that TLB Mallorca and other Spanish shoemakers' boots don't age as well and do not hold up in comparison to British bootmakers, how much truth is in this statement? I am currently looking to get some boots from TLB Mallorca and I would like to know how members with experience with TLB Mallorca find their quality.

I would also like to know what the main difference in quality between the main line and the Artista line is aside from more fashion forward lasts, as I've seen people tout the main line of TLB as the true value proposition.

I haven't found any significant difference between Spanish and English brands if you compare shoes with similar construction, sole and model (i.e. oxfords with single sole).

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed some shots of my latest pair of TLB's - black suede tassels, these are from the standard range and on the JONES last. I sized the same as my Artista loafers on the GOYA last and the fit is comparable, these are very slightly roomier in the width.

IMG_9160.jpg
IMG_9157.jpg
IMG_9163 (1).jpg
IMG_9164 (1).jpg
IMG_9165 (1).jpg
IMG_9158 (1).jpg

simon_bobby

Reaction score
Grabbed some shots of my latest pair of TLB's - black suede tassels, these are from the standard range and on the JONES last. I sized the same as my Artista loafers on the GOYA last and the fit is comparable, these are very slightly roomier in the width.

View attachment 2151731 View attachment 2151733 View attachment 2151737 View attachment 2151739 View attachment 2151741 View attachment 2151743
Beautiful shoes! I want to make a navy pair... what model is this? Thanks!

michaelle11

Reaction score
Finally I received the shoes from TLB one week ago. The name was wrong on the parcel. We have been misunderstood in communication between TLB and me.

Thank you TLB team again for helping me. I would definitely order more pairs next time.

TLB Mallorca

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Finally I received the shoes from TLB one week ago. The name was wrong on the parcel. We have been misunderstood in communication between TLB and me.

Thank you TLB team again for helping me. I would definitely order more pairs next time.
Dear Michaelle,

Thank you for your patience and for being honest about your experience. Your opinion is of great value for us.

We invest our time and efforts to offer the best customer service possible although, as you mention, sometimes misunderstandings may arise.

We will remain here in case you need any help in the near future. Please do not hesitate in contact us directly.

Looking forward to hear about you new pair.

Best regards from Mallorca,

TLB Mallorca

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi. Tell me, please, what is the length of the sole on Goya or Picasso for size 8?

View attachment 2151731 View attachment 2151733 View attachment 2151737 View attachment 2151739 View attachment 2151741 View attachment 2151743

Dear friend,

Thank you for sharing such stunning pics! These are wonderful indeed!
Hope you are having a great time with your last pair.
Best regards,

TLB Mallorca

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi. Tell me, please, what is the length of the sole on Goya or Picasso for size 8?
Dear friend,

Thank you for your interest in our products.
The length of the sole is not what defines the size, but the inside of the footwear. Therefore, it is advisable to refer to the foot measurement of 26.7 cm as a guide for selecting the appropriate size for the Goya or Picasso models.
You can check our size guide here https://www.tlbmallorca.com/pages/fitting-guide
Please, do not hesitate in contact us directly in case you need further assistance.
Best regards,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads