• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

burgerkong

Reaction score
Do you have any other currency? Hong Kong Dollars has a fixed forex rate with US greenbacks, just throwing it out there.

sirLF

Reaction score

Leatherfoot finally has their Crockett & Jones collection up on their site here.

$870 CDN for the Coniston boot though...

Thanks for posting and informing the SF friends.

Prices had to be approved by C&J to keep their product value consistent. So we are not more expensive than their stores at all, as a matter of fact we are about $20 to $30 cheaper.

As mentioned previously I will be inviting everyone one soon for the first preview of our new store, soon as construction is done before we open to the public. We will keep receiving new stocks every week in preparation for the new store.

We've also received our first batch of matsuda eyewear today.

Feel free to drop by anytime and say hello

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just found out today that I'm going to Toronto next week for work. First time in the area. I'll be working and staying very close to the airport but I'm hopeful I'll have the mornings off to explore. (When I'm in the field, my workday starts in the evening and ends early morning.) Recommendations for restaurants? Will have car.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Just spoke to my hot branch manager TD girl
smile.gif

Preferred client rate is 1.3710. Damn.

Have you checked Calforex? They have pretty good rates.

PS - If you don't already have a credit card with no currency exchange fees, Amazon.ca VISA is the one. I just got one, thanks to this forum!

Last edited:

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just found out today that I'm going to Toronto next week for work. First time in the area. I'll be working and staying very close to the airport but I'm hopeful I'll have the mornings off to explore. (When I'm in the field, my workday starts in the evening and ends early morning.) Recommendations for restaurants? Will have car.

There were a bunch of restaurant recommendations a few pages back (late October). That would be a good place to start. If you have any specific food cravings, let us know. Toronto has some great restaurants, and with the weak CAD, you will be eating like a king!
^^^ I popped on earlier today. The new C&J selection is very impressive.

C&J is my favourite shoemaker, so I'm glad LF finally got them in. Good to see, they're starting with C&J casual offerings. I'm a casual blucher and boot king of guy and in my opinion, no one does it better.

sirLF

Reaction score

There were a bunch of restaurant recommendations a few pages back (late October).  That would be a good place to start.  If you have any specific food cravings, let us know.  Toronto has some great restaurants, and with the weak CAD, you will be eating like a king! 

C&J is my favourite shoemaker, so I'm glad LF finally got them in.  Good to see, they're starting with C&J casual offerings.  I'm a casual blucher and boot king of guy and in my opinion, no one does it better. 

Thanks! We've only received our first batch, another batch will ship this week and we will continue to expand on our C&J inventory

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir! Sorry I missed you when passed by. Hope to catch up soon

Likewise - I'll be there whenever you guys host your next event.
Thanks! We've only received our first batch, another batch will ship this week and we will continue to expand on our C&J inventory

Wow, that's impressive given the already solid lineup.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you checked Calforex?  They have pretty good rates. 

PS - If you don't already have a credit card with no currency exchange fees, Amazon.ca VISA is the one.  I just got one, thanks to this forum!

Had Amazon visa for some time now ;)

So far:

Bendix = 1.3698
Calforex = 1.3668

Last edited:

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA - Brooks Brothers RBC Plaza is having a 50% off Black Fleece sale on Friday. They are clearing out stock from other locations too. As you probably know, they are discontinuing the BF line. They had the C&J black grain medallion cap toe boots (9.5 was the smallest size) for around $650.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA - Brooks Brothers RBC Plaza is having a 50% off Black Fleece sale on Friday. They are clearing out stock from other locations too. As you probably know, they are discontinuing the BF line. They had the C&J black grain medallion cap toe boots (9.5 was the smallest size) for around $650.

Good to know.

I'm not particularly familiar with the BB sub-brands - are you saying these C&J boots are part of the Black Fleece line and therefore subject to Friday's sale? And does Black Fleece cover a range of different items?

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to know.

I'm not particularly familiar with the BB sub-brands - are you saying these C&J boots are part of the Black Fleece line and therefore subject to Friday's sale?  And does Black Fleece cover a range of different items?

Correct. The BF footwear are made by C&J.

The line is designed by Thom Browne, known for his very tailored look. Not for everyone, but the quality is very good. In particular, I am eyeing the OCBD's.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Has anyone found that the black fleece fabrics are crap? I bought my wife an overcoat and the fabric is pilling after a month of wear.

The cut is great, though. She won't return it because the cut is so good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads