• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum and AandH Magazine

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Proper Kit 2016

We’re doing it again. On November 5th, 2016, The Proper Kit will return to
Gary's Loft​
in New York City,
both the Penthouse and 11th floor (28 West 36th St, New York, NY 10018)​

For those of you unfamiliar with the idea, this is the yearly trunk show co-hosted by Styleforum and A&H Magazine that unites world-class vendors with you; the friends, fans, and aficionados that make the world of menswear tick.

For those of you who attended last year, you’ll have an idea of what to expect: a group of world-class menswear brands and retailers, setting up shop in a beautiful space that’s devoted solely to you.

Styleforum’s motto has always been “Come for the clothes, stay for the company,” and that’s exactly why you should join us this November. Not only will we have fantastic garments, shoes, and accessories for you to browse, but the real reason you should come is to celebrate our shared passion for style. Some of the best-dressed men on the forum - and in the country - will be visiting; not just forumites, but writers, bloggers, photographers, thinkers, and hobbyists of all strokes. We’ll be discussing our loves (and hates, certainly) over I.W. Harper’s excellent bourbon, some great beer and wine, and tasty food.

You really should get in on it.

As with last year, you’ll have to RSVP to reserve a spot. To do that, follow this link and sign up: https://theproperkit.splashthat.com/

See you there!

Cheers,

Fok.

Just to tempt you further, here are some of the vendor’s we’ll have on hand:

Bites: Eataly cheese and charcuterie
Afternoon tea: Bouchon bakery cookie and cream puff platters.

Be sure to follow The Proper Kit to stay on top of event updates:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theproperkit/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theproperkit/

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thought I was coming, but doesn't look like it now. Should be another awesome event. Looking forward to the pics.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
The food last year was real good. Let me know if you guys need help again.

Goodman

Reaction score
Always a great time - always great vendors - and now you throw a bourbon sponsor into the mix - this makes me happy!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I was coming, but doesn't look like it now. Should be another awesome event. Looking forward to the pics.
Dude... make it happen if you can.

Team Vanda is NYC bound, fellers
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
BOOOOOOM! Okay, tbh, this is what made me commit to doing this. We love our homegrown brands.

The food last year was real good. Let me know if you guys need help again.
I would probably be 10 lbs lighter if I didn't love food so much. Last night, we were already discussing the food. And yes, it would be great to get some extra hands on dexk since we do this on a shoestring budget (we typically go into the red a bit).

Looking forward to seeing your product. Have been curious, but I only buy ties in person so I have been missing out.
I have one of Vanda's Styleforum bourette ties about 5 feet from me, and you are definitely missing out.

I'll definitely be there!
Excellent. We'll see you there, then. Don't forget to RSVP when we send out that information. Keep your eyes peeled both here and on the newsletter and journal.styleforum.net

Always a great time - always great vendors - and now you throw a bourbon sponsor into the mix - this makes me happy!
I think that the sponsors are bringing an outrageous amount of bourbon. Plus a mixologist (aka a bartender) and all of that jazz. I'm stoked. And slightly scared.

Cheers,

Fok.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I would probably be 10 lbs lighter if I didn't love food so much. Last night, we were already discussing the food. And yes, it would be great to get some extra hands on dexk since we do this on a shoestring budget (we typically go into the red a bit).
If me helping out means getting some more of that lobster mac and cheese or that gin you brought last year, I have no problem lending a hand.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If me helping out means getting some more of that lobster mac and cheese or that gin you brought last year, I have no problem lending a hand.
This year, we are going to have a ton of IW Harper bourbon, and a mixologist/bartender on hand.

As for food, this year, we are going to do Eataly Fromagerie and Charcuterie instead, I think, but I might do a little, more substantial lunch, for the staff and volunteers! How about mushroom and truffle Mac?

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, if this were the weekend before, I'd be on a plane. Stupid semester!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads