• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LooknGr8

Reaction score

Shiny

Reaction score
Gmccl, I agree that the pocket square is a little too matchy to the tie. I think the cufflinks are a little…big. Maybe something a little smaller (but not too small). Good fit/look otherwise.

I got this BB SC during a lunchtime stop. Unlined in the back, single vented. Minimal padding in the shoulders. Tagged 43L. 32” bottom of collar to end of coat. Can’t find content tag, but I would imagine it is cotton because the fabric is denimy. Pick stitching. Pretty sure the buttons are MOP (lick test). Available.

P1010225.jpg

P1010226.jpg

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Gmccl, I agree that the pocket square is a little too matchy to the tie. I think the cufflinks are a little…big. Maybe something a little smaller (but not too small). Good fit/look otherwise.

I got this BB SC during a lunchtime stop. Unlined in the back, single vented. Minimal padding in the shoulders. Tagged 43L. 32” bottom of collar to end of coat. Can’t find content tag, but I would imagine it is cotton because the fabric is denimy. Pick stitching. Pretty sure the buttons are MOP (lick test). Available.

EWW! Your suppose to just touch them to you lips, not lick them!

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, a friend of mine had an incredible haul from Denver, Colorado. Too good to be true - we talking Rolex watches, Hermes, Kiton, the list he sent me is shocking. He thrifts for himself though and he is a different size to me :(

Based on his finds, I am going to haul ass to Denver one of these days. Colorado may be a sleeping giant.

Any Colorado folks here? How do you rank your state for thrifting?

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Apropos of DM7, here's today's thrift pics

DB SC by Corneliani from DM7, one of his first decent finds
Shirt by Joseph Abboud, thrifted (this is pink, although it's hard to tell)
Tie from the Tie Bar
Pocket Square from Nordstrom Rack
Pants from Bonobos
Socks from Target
Shoes by Cole Haan (hey, I still like them!)

How'd I do with the shirt / tie / square combo?

I'm impressed how well you pull off the DB! Did you end up getting it tailored?

Also, really liking the shoes from what I see. Keep up the thrift fit pics!

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
you made out with a button in public?

Edit: Someone elses button :O

P1010225.jpg

P1010226.jpg

Last edited:

Hoofit

Reaction score

Hmmmmm, a friend of mine had an incredible haul from Denver, Colorado. Too good to be true - we talking Rolex watches, Hermes, Kiton, the list he sent me is shocking. He thrifts for himself though and he is a different size to me :(
Based on his finds, I am going to haul ass to Denver one of these days. Colorado may be a sleeping giant.

Well Utah didn't produce squat today, so maybe I should be heading next door.

Edit: I did see a nice HSM Gold for Nordstrom 40 R very recent with pockets still sewn shut for $25 if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
:lol: Lick test has me laughing. Needs further explanation.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed how well you pull off the DB! Did you end up getting it tailored?

Also, really liking the shoes from what I see. Keep up the thrift fit pics!

I did get it tailored... Brought in as much as they could without major surgery and fixed the wonky button placement.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm my brother lives there....

(P.S. I have not send your package yet, but it is up to four shirts now :laugh: )

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to get him on here... and start him on trading

Hmmmmm, a friend of mine had an incredible haul from Denver, Colorado. Too good to be true - we talking Rolex watches, Hermes, Kiton, the list he sent me is shocking. He thrifts for himself though and he is a different size to me
frown.gif

scfan919

Reaction score
Quick question. I see people trading on here, but do people sell their items (not through marketplace) on here? I have absolutely no luck finding any suits or blazers of any quality in my area and was just wondering if any of the thrifters here sold their items at cost+gas money and time. Guess that's one of the downsides to living in SC...haha

Xenos

Reaction score
Permit me to jump into the darkmatter7 controversy.

I don't know him, I've never met him, nor have I ever communicated with him.

But, I have seen some of his "lesser"* finds in LA thrift stores so I can attest that he is getting at least some of his finds from everyday, run-of-the-mill thrifts.

*Not trying to diminish his finds, obviously, just explaining why I passed on them. Kiton would have been had.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick question. I see people trading on here, but do people sell their items (not through marketplace) on here? I have absolutely no luck finding any suits or blazers of any quality in my area and was just wondering if any of the thrifters here sold their items at cost+gas money and time. Guess that's one of the downsides to living in SC...haha

Post what you have here. Also list your wants/sizes in your signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads