• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You could also make a want to buy ad. I've found a few great things that way that people just had lying around, but hadn't listed in Buying & Selling. :D

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Nice! What size is that RLPL? :D

Hmmmmm, a friend of mine had an incredible haul from Denver, Colorado. Too good to be true - we talking Rolex watches, Hermes, Kiton, the list he sent me is shocking. He thrifts for himself though and he is a different size to me :(

Based on his finds, I am going to haul ass to Denver one of these days. Colorado may be a sleeping giant.

Any Colorado folks here? How do you rank your state for thrifting?

Member Kitontini is from the Denver area. He finds some nice stuff. Lots of rich folks with resort homes there, I suppose. That sounds like a crazy haul! Care to give us a rundown and let us drool?

As for me, it's been quite a while since I've found any really nice clothes. I've been finding a lot of other cool odds and ends, though. Here's my finds so far this week:

Not pictured:

- Recent Clan Douglas cashmere sweater
- Recent Hubert White (local high-end men's clothier) cashmere sweater.
- Merrell leather casual lace ups
- Polo RL short-sleeve pique cotton rugby collar shirt
- Recent flat-front Zegna mainline khaki shorts (!). Available. Size 38.

Sorry for the pics. I forgot to turn off the "Retro" effect on my camera.

-Vintage Stetson Royal De Luxe brown fedora.

- New Sennheiser ME-3 microphone w/ original receipt. I got it for $5.

- Babolat Aeropro Drive tennis racquet.

- Vintage Florsheim Imperial black wingtip V-Cleats. Size 8 D

- Baller pillows. Waterford metallic bead and Leila's Linens Mother of Pearl. Found out Leila's Linens is pretty high-end stuff sold at NYC boutiques and at Bergdorf Goodman.

- NWOT Simon Miller gray raw/stiff denim jeans. Size 33.

- Ben Silver linen "Charleston Shirt" Sz L. Available.

Aaaand, now it's my turn.

Picked this up today for $1. Not sure if it's real due to the lining and the label style. It's a nice tie. Silk feels nice. Any help, Spoo?

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dig - did you find your tie for your wedding?

Yes, thanks! Got a great deal from another poster here and USPS says I should get something in the mail tomorrow.

That said, I'm still trying to convince SWMBO that Spoo's Drakes shepherds check is an investment in our grandson's future, though. :lol:

Meanwhile, while getting an oil change, I was informed that my thrifted Volvo XC 70 had sprung a coolant leak in an undisclosed location somewhere in the overflow tank system. I went to the local pick and pay today and scored a newer replacement with all the hoses, clamps, wiring, plug and cap that I pulled myself for ten bucks! I installed it this afternoon and it all looks good.

Thrifting is where you find it.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You need to get him on here... and start him on trading

I suggested it.

Hmmm my brother lives there....
(P.S. I have not send your package yet, but it is up to four shirts now :laugh: )

:cheers: Sounds cool. Anything you want by any chance? I have a huge load of stuff, palmed a whole bunch of shirts and jackets to Andro for the hell of it, looking to thin the whole herd before I start thrifting again.

Permit me to jump into the darkmatter7 controversy.
I don't know him, I've never met him, nor have I ever communicated with him.
But, I have seen some of his "lesser"* finds in LA thrift stores so I can attest that he is getting at least some of his finds from everyday, run-of-the-mill thrifts.
*Not trying to diminish his finds, obviously, just explaining why I passed on them. Kiton would have been had.

Whether he gets his stuff from SA, GW, Craigslist, Yard Sales, Stolen from Back of Truck, Marshalls, Discount Warehouses, Breaking and Entering Mansions, Mugging old Ladies, Outlet centers etc makes no difference to me. In any case, I used to post all Consignment finds as well - point is, if you get a deal, and it is well well below retail (i.e. < 90% off retail), it is totally ethical and entirely reasonable to brag about it here.

Name of this thread is official thrift/discount store bragging thread. Nuff zed. I doubt all his finds are GW/SA, but a good 30 - 40% of my best finds usually come from other avenues not involving thrifts.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
^^^ Nice! What size is that RLPL?
biggrin.gif
Both are 16-34/35

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not much today.

Another pair of cufflinks, making 20 pairs within the last week.
Another pair of Zanellas, size 36 Brownish, Double pleated/cuffed
and 9 Vintage Brannock Devices - 2 Mens, 2 Athletic Men/Women, 5 Junior. Two were branded. One Men's was for Nunn Bush, and one juniors was for Buster Brown Shoes.

Oh yeah, and an Underwood-Olivetti Portable Typewriter

P.S. While I'm on the cufflink topic, still looking for somone named George to take these George cufflinks off my hands.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Not much today.

Another pair of cufflinks, making 20 pairs within the last week.
Another pair of Zanellas, size 36 Brownish, Double pleated/cuffed
and 9 Vintage Brannock Devices - 2 Mens, 2 Athletic Men/Women, 5 Junior. Two were branded. One Men's was for Nunn Bush, and one juniors was for Buster Brown Shoes.
WOW 20 pairs
thumbs-up.gif
I havnt found a single pair in 1 year of thrifting

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WOW 20 pairs
thumbs-up.gif
I havnt found a single pair in 1 year of thrifting

I know, I hadn't either...until this week. 10 at one spot, 9 at another and 1 more today at the same place I got the 9. Plus I made friends with the old lady at the jewelry counter and she is going to set all cuff links aside for me from now on, since no one else ever buys them.

lmaligaya

Reaction score
Scored a cotton LL bean blue blazer. Just in time for the summer! I was actually looking at them online last night too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads