• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Oh well, you win some, you lose some. If I ever have the need for a tux, I'll still be better off than the other 90% of the population in rentals. Also, I could give 2 ***** what some random dipshit is saying in another thread. This isn't high school.

To be fair, if you got a tux you like, I'd say you won this one.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=417394] [/COLOR]
:wow: $30 for Lobbs?!?! Wow!
Last week there was a group of teenagers who got to the coat rack before me and one of them took a really nice looking overcoat that was 5 sizes too big for him and wore it around the store. It killed me that I couldn't check what it was.
:fu: Halloween at thrift stores is a love/hate relationship. I love it because all the cool odd-ball and military stuff that they hoard throughout the year comes out. I hate it because I see kids buying potentially valuable stuff only to possibly ruin it and toss it out. Saw a young kid and his girlfriend in the suit section the other day. He was trying on suits for a costume of some sort and the girl commented "well who cares if the pants don't fit, it's a costume! You'll probably only wear it this one time anyway!" Then he proceeded to leave the pants on the rack and buy the jacket. I had to check what it was and thankfully it was an ancient Justers suit. Still, it could have very well been a current label Isaia.
Sunday was much better than Saturday. Most of these are from yesterday. A couple are things I've been sitting on for a few weeks. Vietnam-era(?) Peacoat (any help on info?) And the reason I hate Unique. Awesome Bemidji Woolen Mills coat that fit me great, but marked waaaay too high: [/SPOILER]
I've been passing on that Barbera shirt and tie for awhile. That Barbera tie came in with a lot of really nice ties, most of which I missed. The overcoat is the tail end of Vietnam. Dated 1974. Not much value as they're built like tanks so they never really wear out. That camo jacket in the photo of the Bemidji Woolen Mills is worth decent money. That pattern is pretty sought after, especially those colors. I have a puffer jacket from Sterns in that same color combo/pattern. Love it! If it's Columbia it's even better $$$. Probably gone now, though. The camo/military collectors are out in force right now.
Real? My friend coped it for like $1 [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
This is the good Givenchy! Congrats!
:slayer: Slow day today. Found a men's Arc'teryx gray wool blend 1/2 zip pullover (Sz L and available) and a couple Lulu jackets for my wife. Nothing really worth photos.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That camo jacket in the photo of the Bemidji Woolen Mills is worth decent money. That pattern is pretty sought after, especially those colors. I have a puffer jacket from Sterns in that same color combo/pattern. Love it! If it's Columbia it's even better $$$. Probably gone now, though. The camo/military collectors are out in force right now.
Damn, I passed a pile of that pattern last week.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple recent finds, testing new photo setup as well. Been mostly finding vintage stuff lately.

Sweet 3 Piece Vintage Tweed

3 Piece Corduroy

3 Piece Mint Gray Pinstripe

Really enjoying having the mannequin, still working on the lighting but definitely 10x better than trying to lay on floor and take decent pictures.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, it's got these oak leaves on the shoulders (I went back today, rather than taking a chance 'til Wednesday). I'm a firm believer in NOT putting military insignia on clothing having done nothing to earn it but these puppies are machine stitched in place. I'm afraid there will be little holes in the fabric if I try to remove them. Thoughts?

BTW, cherry popped on Nomex apparel!

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
What's the consensus around here with regards to Polo Country ?? Found this jacket today. Seems well constructed with a suede collar and some nice details...
Precursor to RRL, usually nets the $. From what I've seen, it's pretty nice/sturdy.

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone seen this version of Brooks Brothers buttons before? Found these on an oooold undated custom suit. No other markings on the suit that would indicate BB, buttons were likely added.
Only newer fleece buttons for me. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads