• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM-H

Reaction score
Is this brand worth a pick up?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 store. 5 finds. All 9 out of 10 condition or better.
L to R:
Pristine J Press Pressidential sport coat in a check tweed, 3 roll 2, single vent, 41R/S.
Tom James Royal Classic dated 2008, slim cut, dual vent, flat front, crimson paisley lining, ~41S
Antonio Fusco navy blue chalk stripe flannel, dual vent. Thought I recognized the tag, and quality is there (e.g., hand sewn lapel flap; vent flap strap). 42R with Michael Strahan shoulders. May be a return candidate.
PRL USA gray nailhead, single breast, 2 button. 42R.
Pristine J Press charcoal flannel, 3 roll 2, single breast, flat front trou. 40R/S

The one thing that pisses me off is I also found a vintage Barney's house brand 100% wool paisley tie. Not knit. Woven. Ancient madder colors, too. It was really cool. But I took the suits on hangers, and forgot it was mixed in. I think I must have dropped it. Hopefully I dropped it in the store, and not the parking lot. I doubt they'll let me take it without paying again, which will mean I'll have to decide whether it's worth DOUBLE the already high purchase price....
Edit:
Oh, also, here are those straight ties I bragged about the other day sans pics. Aren't they awesome? I know someone wants these at cost plus shipping plus a few bucks for beer money.

Barrel: Jacket fits awesome!
330: Dat sux.

You are the faqing man, dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Agree. I've read the whole series and I sort of lost interest in the TV series. IMO the comics are better and way more nuanced.
I love comics. I read a couple series but am more into graphic novels. Check out the Richard Stark Parker series by Darwyn Cooke. I also really liked a series from Europe called Largo Winch - kind of like Tintin for grown ups (not that Tintin isn't for grown ups). ; )

Dude, doesn't the story in the comics get super crazy???!!! It's nuts!

Its funny I started out watching the show and when I caught up I started reading the comics. Now that I am past the storyline of the show I find it really boring in comparison. The comics dont suffer from bad acting or low budget special effects. I also find it kinda takes me out of the story when not a single person can say **** in the show. If this was a real world situation everyone would be swearing like sailors. Im not sure what it is about cussing but it seems to make things more realistic for me.

Comics story FTW! Speaking of ****, not to derail the thread further, but I just finished Leon's campaign on RE6, he says, "*******..." towards the end!!! Insane coming from a bad ass/clean cut character like him! *Mind blown!

I dont think he needed to be humanized. I loved how he was such a monster and his reign of terror lasted for however long it lasted and the story moves forward. I didnt consider him an essential part of the overall story and once his chapter was closed I moved on. I think the only reason people are dwelling on him is because he is now part of the show.
As a side note, casting Chad Coleman as Tyreese is an amazing choice. I loved him on The Wire and Im very excited to see what they do with him in the show. Its hard to not drop potential spoilers from the comic so I will end this right now.
Back to thrifting. Why the **** are we talking about Walking Dead in the thrifting thread?

Yes, I love how he lost his eye and his arm in the comics! Hahaha, too bad, it's not very PC for them to include that scene in the show! Far out, man! It's about time they added Tyreese! He's super likeable!

So uh... people that know old Levi's... what are these if anything? Sadly back tag is gone. Another weird thing, there are no rear rivets, they are just sewn through. Selvage is white line, there are no tags whatsoever on the inside. Levi's written on both sides of the back red tag. $7.99
Xnh6h.jpg

wDhrj.jpg

FfNlI.jpg

6IN6N.jpg

4HmNU.jpg

uNO3g.jpg

aMCe7.jpg

iJe6h.jpg

BKDJ2.jpg

6LbwK.jpg

lv44X.jpg

CQYis.jpg

s9ZJn.jpg

PGZo9.jpg

D1CQw.jpg

8BVVT.jpg

fCafn.jpg

I'm no expert but they look like they are made during or after the 60s where they took out the back rivets due to complains that they scratched up furniture.

Ok cool. The top button on the pants has 8 printed on the back, not 2
frown.gif
So I guess these are from the 70s and probably not worht that much

I've seen 70s Big E goes as high as $300 on the Bay. Most def. a great find!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nat -those wolverines are beautiful.

Good finds all around! Vintage Big E's and ton's of RLPL and J. Press nicely done!!

My finds from the past few days. All shirts
Vinevard Vines Size S. These do well on eBay, however available if anyone is interested

J. Press 17-34 Available

Steven Alan Reverse Seam for Me

Favorite find, Engineered Garments Chambray shirt. Fits a little big on me but I think I'm keeping anyways

Lastly, the Ralph Lauren Indian Madras Pop-over shirt. I was looking for one of these all summer. Oh well, this one doesn't fit me anyways. Available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads