• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie

Reaction score

Ok cool. The top button on the pants has 8 printed on the back, not 2 :( So I guess these are from the 70s and probably not worht that much

Not 70's but late 60's most probably, size is going to command value on them, that for sure. Dark green bar tacks on the rear pockets is a good start, the
inside of the pockets should be single stitch, another true tell as to the age. If by chance it is dbl stitch, then it is 70's...but from the photos I would say
60's. The #8 on the button doesnt necessarily date it as thats the factory stamp.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's never too late to shop for spring...
PRL patchwork madras jacket, Made in USA. Because I'm mad about madras - and it fits - not available.
The only problem with it is I won't be able to wear it with my favourite madras pants because I'll look like some kind of freak.
This is pretty awesome.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not 70's but late 60's most probably, size is going to command value on them, that for sure. Dark green bar tacks on the rear pockets is a good start, the
inside of the pockets should be single stitch, another true tell as to the age. If by chance it is dbl stitch, then it is 70's...but from the photos I would say
60's. The #8 on the button doesnt necessarily date it as thats the factory stamp.
cool. they are like 36 x 29 :/ no idea if that's good or not, probably not, guessing smaller sizes / longer inseam are where it's at

Stewie

Reaction score

cool. they are like 36 x 29 :/ no idea if that's good or not, probably not, guessing smaller sizes / longer inseam are where it's at

Thats ok...as you know the market for them :foo:

considering the condition, you'll do ok :slayer:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The seller responded and said she'll refund me and pay for return shipping.

Tweed hats:
IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

Pendleton shirt
IMG_1622.jpg

Church's boat shoes
IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

Original Irish made Clarks wallabies
IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

NWT made in Italy Bobby Jones pants
IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

NWT Breuer tie
IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

And finally the best thing I've found in a while
IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg
Unfortunately...
:fu:
IMG_1629.jpg

Last edited:

CesarC

Reaction score
Ken, PM sent on that VV shirt!

cloud.gif
I get so excited when I see 46 but then soo bummed when its not EU. That's an awesome pickup though!
+1000

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this brand worth a pick up?

Thank you for raining flippers on us! :confused:

I'm gonna stay away from that store for a while. my size stuff will be gone, too.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be damned.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...001_-1_1_image_0_N_198_198_130317_subcategory

EDIT: Woah, also SCs - http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...001_-1_1_image_0_N_198_198_130314_subcategory

EDIT2: WAT. How did I not know about these sections that are clearly visible on the AE site?
puzzled.gif
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/cati2_Accessories_1_40000000001_-1_______130315_subcategory?

We call the dealership the stealership. Mark ups are insane. Labor rates are through the roof. Never ever took a car there unless it was under warranty. Just for ***** and giggles, we went to the Infiniti dealership to see what a transmission fluid drain and fill would run for the wife's FX. They wanted $600, labor included. Did it myself. Took just under 2 hrs and $80 in fluid. This made me come to the realization that they were charging roughly $260-ish per hour for labor. Theives, I tell ya.
bounce2.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Awesome haul!! Love the checkered J. Press SC.
Also, I passed on about 6 of these recent, spread collar Allen Edmonds shirts today. Didn't even know they made clothing. All XL. Pretty decent too. Had side gussets and pearlized buttons. Also tons of recent BB shirts from the same guy, but nothing crazy (slim fit purple label, BBGF, etc).

Last edited:

flatspotting

Reaction score
Well, last night I wandered into a thrift store I had never noticed before.... was 99% filled with garbage... but I did find!

A Polo Ralph Lauren Chain-Knit Shawl collar cardigan :) And it fits me just perfectly!

Condition is quite amazing, even had the extra buttons still attached in the little baggy - I am not sure it was worn more than a couple times.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I had that exact sweater a decade ago in college and wore it all the time. Wasn't into clothes back then, but that was my favorite thing to wear. Sartorial nostalgia. If you ever decide to part with it... :)

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Getting rid of a few things at cost, get at me if you want them:

RRL shawl collar cardigan L...new with tag, but is missing a button. Includes button, just need to sew it on.
IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

N&F jeans...got these here, didn't work out.
IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

Grenson suede unlined chukkas...love these, but have only worn them once since getting them.
IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow.gif
I think the poorly written title is to blame...I wish I were the winner of this auction...
musicboohoo[1].gif

Getting rid of a few things at cost, get at me if you want them:
RRL shawl collar cardigan L...new with tag, but is missing a button. Includes button, just need to sew it on.
IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

N&F jeans...got these here, didn't work out.
IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

Grenson suede unlined chukkas...love these, but have only worn them once since getting them.
IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

That's awesome of you to offer good stuff for cost! I tip my hat to you, sir!
cheers.gif

Last edited:

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots to post today! Some new, some old that I never got around to posting.

BIJAN, BY KITON :)

Very slim fitting 40R. Pants are 31.

Awesome and available.

APCs! Shirt available, New Standards are not :)

What's Seattle without a bunch of sick ass raincoats?

pair of BBs that are more or less mint and modern- XL BB mainline, L BB 346. Both available.

OLD Eddie Bauer single breasted trench with removable down lining! Made in USA. Has a bit of internal wear, but seems to be going strong. 44L. Available.

Friggin awesome vintage letterman from the Hard Rock Cafe in Honolulu. Mein!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads