• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have this jacket and it's great.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well they are your jeans xD
also regarding comics is there anyone here into them at all? Most of my friends are really nerdy but they still don't read comics, they read manga instead of good old fashioned american ones hrumph.

Used to read a ton of good old fashioned american ones, but I've whittled it down to anything Green Lantern related, Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel cosmic stuff, Invincible, Fables, and I guess I haven't really whittled it down that much.
biggrin.gif

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today's haul:
Recent Eddie Bauer brown leather bomber with sheepskin collar. Size M but fits. Mint. No wear.

Looks like a regular belt, right? Nope. Knew it was something right when I picked it up.

Ties

Baller black t-shirt

RLPL linen

Willis & Geiger wool shirt

And I've been after a pair like this for a long time. Paid up quite a bit but they were NIB and my size. Now to do some serious breaking in.....

:wow::drool::inlove: those redwings! (my size too!) that blue RLPL!

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Walking Dead related: I gotta put a plug in for Andrew Lincoln in Love Actually. It's a favourite Christmas movie in our house.

I dont think he needed to be humanized. I loved how he was such a monster and his reign of terror lasted for however long it lasted and the story moves forward. I didnt consider him an essential part of the overall story and once his chapter was closed I moved on. I think the only reason people are dwelling on him is because he is now part of the show.

As a side note, casting Chad Coleman as Tyreese is an amazing choice. I loved him on The Wire and Im very excited to see what they do with him in the show. Its hard to not drop potential spoilers from the comic so I will end this right now.

Back to thrifting. Why the **** are we talking about Walking Dead in the thrifting thread?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn Nissan Dealer in Baltimore wants $950 to replace my cracked radiator. I looked up the part...and I can get a new one for about $55. Total bullshit. Decided to have the car towed home (50+ miles). The cost is $235. No brainer.
We call the dealership the stealership. Mark ups are insane. Labor rates are through the roof. Never ever took a car there unless it was under warranty. Just for ***** and giggles, we went to the Infiniti dealership to see what a transmission fluid drain and fill would run for the wife's FX. They wanted $600, labor included. Did it myself. Took just under 2 hrs and $80 in fluid. This made me come to the realization that they were charging roughly $260-ish per hour for labor. Theives, I tell ya.
:bounce2: :slayer:
2 store. 5 finds. All 9 out of 10 condition or better. L to R: Pristine J Press Pressidential sport coat in a check tweed, 3 roll 2, single vent, 41R/S. Tom James Royal Classic dated 2008, slim cut, dual vent, flat front, crimson paisley lining, ~41S Antonio Fusco navy blue chalk stripe flannel, dual vent. Thought I recognized the tag, and quality is there (e.g., hand sewn lapel flap; vent flap strap). 42R with Michael Strahan shoulders. May be a return candidate. PRL USA gray nailhead, single breast, 2 button. 42R. Pristine J Press charcoal flannel, 3 roll 2, single breast, flat front trou. 40R/S
Awesome haul!! Love the checkered J. Press SC. Also, I passed on about 6 of these recent, spread collar Allen Edmonds shirts today. Didn't even know they made clothing. All XL. Pretty decent too. Had side gussets and pearlized buttons. Also tons of recent BB shirts from the same guy, but nothing crazy (slim fit purple label, BBGF, etc).

CesarC

Reaction score
This evening on the way home stopped by a local discount store, and they had 10 or so brown Wolverine belts, very nice leather, but large sizes: 50 and 52. If anybody wants one, let me know and I'll proxy. Price was about $10, I think.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black Brooks Brothers Blazer with Loro Piana Super 120s size 39L (how old is this label?):

Current label. Country Club is equivalent to the 1818 line but more "sporty". Take that out into the sunlight and see if it isn't navy. BB's navy is hard to distinguish from black unless you are in good light. Also, if the lining is dark blue then it is navy. If you are selling it, a navy blazer is more valuable than black.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So uh... people that know old Levi's... what are these if anything? Sadly back tag is gone. Another weird thing, there are no rear rivets, they are just sewn through. Selvage is white line, there are no tags whatsoever on the inside. Levi's written on both sides of the back red tag. $7.99

Xnh6h.jpg

wDhrj.jpg

FfNlI.jpg

6IN6N.jpg

4HmNU.jpg

uNO3g.jpg

aMCe7.jpg

iJe6h.jpg

BKDJ2.jpg

6LbwK.jpg

lv44X.jpg

CQYis.jpg

s9ZJn.jpg

PGZo9.jpg

D1CQw.jpg

8BVVT.jpg

fCafn.jpg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look real and not like repros. They are def selvedge but they don't have selvedge stitching. They look to be authentically vintage too, not repros or fake. #2 on the buttons so pre 70s

Can you take some pics of the care tag if they have one?
So uh... people that know old Levi's... what are these if anything? Sadly back tag is gone. Another weird thing, there are no rear rivets, they are just sewn through. Selvage is white line, there are no tags whatsoever on the inside. Levi's written on both sides of the back red tag. $7.99
Xnh6h.jpg

wDhrj.jpg

FfNlI.jpg

6IN6N.jpg

4HmNU.jpg

uNO3g.jpg

aMCe7.jpg

iJe6h.jpg

BKDJ2.jpg

6LbwK.jpg

lv44X.jpg

CQYis.jpg

s9ZJn.jpg

PGZo9.jpg

D1CQw.jpg

8BVVT.jpg

fCafn.jpg

Also use this to finish dating them: http://www.levisguide.com

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

2 store. 5 finds. All 9 out of 10 condition or better.
L to R:
Pristine J Press Pressidential sport coat in a check tweed, 3 roll 2, single vent, 41R/S.
Tom James Royal Classic dated 2008, slim cut, dual vent, flat front, crimson paisley lining, ~41S
Antonio Fusco navy blue chalk stripe flannel, dual vent. Thought I recognized the tag, and quality is there (e.g., hand sewn lapel flap; vent flap strap). 42R with Michael Strahan shoulders. May be a return candidate.
PRL USA gray nailhead, single breast, 2 button. 42R.
Pristine J Press charcoal flannel, 3 roll 2, single breast, flat front trou. 40R/S

Jpress = hundos and hundos son.

I am definitely no expert, but those look like the real deal, vintage big E Levis to me.

+1 - and nice tie haul especially nat!

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. I've read the whole series and I sort of lost interest in the TV series. IMO the comics are better and way more nuanced.
I love comics. I read a couple series but am more into graphic novels. Check out the Richard Stark Parker series by Darwyn Cooke. I also really liked a series from Europe called Largo Winch - kind of like Tintin for grown ups (not that Tintin isn't for grown ups). ; )
I think one of my favorite graphic novels is gotham by gaslight which I think I mentioned on the thread earlier, I will check both og those recommendations out. Any anime fans up in here?

edit: sorry I will stop derailing the thread

Last edited:

Jhors2

Reaction score
I think one of my favorite graphic novels is gotham by gaslight which I think I mentioned on the thread earlier, I will check both og those recommendations out. Any anime fans up in here?
I used to be huge into Naruto, and Cowboy Bebop, good times.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look real and not like repros. They are def selvedge but they don't have selvedge stitching. They look to be authentically vintage too, not repros or fake. #2 on the buttons so pre 70s

Can you take some pics of the care tag if they have one?

Also use this to finish dating them: http://www.levisguide.com

Ok cool. The top button on the pants has 8 printed on the back, not 2 :( So I guess these are from the 70s and probably not worht that much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads