• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Reosymes @double00 , why are the below users able to post "Available" freely? I'm sure I could find hundreds of other examples from this thread.

My items also came from eThrifts (ebay, etc.) so what difference does it make if I've owned them for awhile and am now posting?

as @Reosymes pointed out anybody is free to do as they please.

there's a flow to this thread. if you don't know the difference between dropping "available" on a honest-to-goodness thrift

versus

spamming your been had tie collection (really, 8 giant photos for a PRL navy dots? - i think we all get the point amigo) maybe reading the thread from the beginning will help you to understand what this is all about.

but it's cool. this is a buyer beware world and it's easy enough for me the make the adjustment. peace!

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jrd617 as clearly stated as thread rules, you need to earn the right to openly market your goods as available, this isn't the B&S forum. You put in the work and you contribute here with it, eventually you'll have the right to freely do so. But we aint seen **** and you haven't contributed anything except extremely large and annoying pictures of extremely average ties.....So what exact good deed are you getting punished for?

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I was at that store too early in the day yesterday - those HF suits weren't out yet.

Did grab a few things from that big dude's donation.
and a pair of NHT 2.1 towers with matching center channel for $15 all in.

Oh ****, meant to comment on this pre-derail. That's the **** right there. Finding great audio stuff at thrift prices (I'm looking at you @330CK Magnepans, tired of those yet?) is so ******* great.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just when I thought estate sale season was over....

$8

COtoKS

Reaction score
Those towers are gorgeous. $15 for those and the center channel?? Wow. How do they sound? I've always been curious about NHT.

Pretty neutral to my ears. I pushed them last night and there was little to no distortion at either end. Stoked on the find.

I think it was you that said you like the look of the vintage chrome faced components, but not so much vintage speakers. I agree - these look great and have a relatively small footprint for a floor stander.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
I never go out on saturdays,but,well

These I paid up for ($40 a piece) and am extremely happy to own. I've seen others find recent EZ stuff and it was at the top of the list for myself. I'm guessing the darker jacket is an orphan?

One of the snaps pulled through the fabric on this but should be fixable. First time handling something from this brand I like it

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These I paid up for ($40 a piece) and am extremely happy to own. I've seen others find recent EZ stuff and it was at the top of the list for myself. I'm guessing the darker jacket is an orphan?

If this still has the size & content label it will say at the bottom left whether suit or jacket on the newer Zenga labels. Like below, the left is a suit jacket barely see "Suit" the right a cashmere jacket.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely not an orphan. Nice pick ups, that cashmere street jacket is niiiice....but as I said earlier, you can tell here that this is a blazer due to a bold fabric texture, in this case a thicker twill weave. Straight sport jacket. They do make the traveller micronsphere fabric as an 80/20 wool silk blend and have made suits out of it, but this is also their ten pocket model, so this is a travel jacket. Plus the bottom of every Zegna tag will say either Suit or Jacket and you'll be able to tell right there what you have.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day in Chicago with my girlfriend. @silverwarebandit and @eazye were kind enough to point me in the direction of a few nice shops in my area. So we decided to stop at a consignment store, I didn't find anything for myself but my girlfriend made a killing. The best of which is:

Fits her perfectly and was very underpriced.

She was floored when I gave her an estimate on the retail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads