• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Ariiam

Reaction score
You can order the older CCP tornado model which has a rounded toe and is generally wide. It is the SX model.

Not sure if you could do that with derbys though

Left: Older, wider more rounded version

Right: Newer, more pointed version

I think the newest iterations of the model on the right does not have super pointy toes akin to how they look when that particular model was just introduced. Cant confirm but CCP seems to have toned down the aggressiveness of it recently

Last edited:

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How to size Dead End jeans?

Echoing eton97.

I sized up 1, and there is a little room on the waist. Thighs run slim and fit perfectly when sized up. Regular size was too tight all over.
FWIW, they are slightly higher waisted compared to LUC, IE, etc.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know what you are talking about. But this is 100% absolutely nothing to worry about.
If anything it's part of the overall aesthetic. His sneakers have rusted eyelets....the laces have rusted metal tips. The nails in the sole around the toe, heel and arch are probably discoloured from the dying process.
But tbh if you are worrying about small details like this, Augusta and CCP are probably not for you.
Simone and carol are not going to do anything that results in the footwear being 'damaged'
As I said before, on the whole, these things are built to last.

You should not worry about those on these shoes. I got a brand new pair with some of the nails 'rusty'. They are similar to the rusty metal aglets found on the laces. Here is a pic.

Thanks, I don't mind the rust details but just wanted to be sure it's intentional and not a sign of the shoe falling apart or something.

bdude

Reaction score
^^ These are the two different am2521 available for special order from the office gallery - the left one is the SX model and i have that one. Naturally both my boots have the wider toe box.

Last edited:

Ariiam

Reaction score
I went for the 'normal' model on the right. When I tried it on the width was just right..I imagine the one on the left would be absolutely massive for me

bdude

Reaction score
The SX model is the **** as far as i am concerned. Tried the other model and was not into it.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
re: tornado zip models

I just received 3 or 4 emails on this subject…. for clarification & I think this right (where is BSR when you need him)?

AM/2521 sx regular tornado zip 2009 collection

AM/2521 mismatch tornado zip from 2009 collection

AM/2601(L) regular tornado 2010 collection- *** L (lined) only lined if you choose a non scarred reverse leather

2010 tornado zip is a bit sleeker in shape and also has a slimmer shaft.

Last edited:

bdude

Reaction score
^^ yes BSR is the definitive reference but Tassos explained to me that the SX is the WIDER boot and sent me the earlier picture presented here with the mismatched pair white tornados as a reference regarding the difference. Indeed the SX boots I have are both like the left boot ( it.t wider ) Funny that Carol designed a mismatched toe box tornadoes but heyif anyone will do it it would have to be Carol.... I have a firend who received a special order tornados with one a full size biger then the other..

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads