1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. bdude

bdude Well-Known Member

Funny you mentioned Ovate - just packed a pile of basics at her sample sale this weekend in Mtl. Prices were great.

1 person likes this.
  2. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

@JFetter
    @eglbc

I know of a brand new pair A1923 Double Zips in Buffalo Leather in sz 45 (fits 46) that have been marked down .... pm me for details if anybody is interested.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  3. chomeo

chomeo Well-Known Member

^^ think I saw it. sick boots!

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

dude even at 11 its pretty hard for me to find cool things.

5. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

Archive's SS15 A1923 Preview (minus sneakers)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

I love that grey-green workboot, perfect color. Hopefully the production model turns out similar..

Eck, have your FW14 boots begun arriving? Any thoughts on your favorites for this season?

7. psydle

psydle Well-Known Member

Looks like the zipper pull shortage has been corrected for 2015.

8. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Well-Known Member

No branding on AW14, I guess. Not that it really matters. Wondering if that holds true for SS15?

9. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

Not yet, A1923 is shipping to Anchoret today actually. I should be receiving (from On Kit)

SP1 workboot in Oiled Horse
    SP9 side zip oiled culatta
    UK5 Tall Boot in Renna (1 of 2 made )

SP9 is probably my favorite this season; I'm going to darken the plomb boot I received a fine weeks back.

BTW- anybody here able to get in touch with Pieces Sydney? Is their gmail address still work?

10. psydle

psydle Well-Known Member

Oh I gotta see these tall renna!!!

11. JFetter

JFetter Well-Known Member

Since I am looking into these boots (A1923 dual zips) a little more seriously, may I ask a few basic questions I'm sure have been asked many times before?

1 - I can work these boots hard, and not be concerned wearing them in dirt, snow, ice, rain?

2 - Other than occasional oiling with something like obenaufs they are low maintenance?

3 - I understand sending them to be vibrammed will be a reasonable thing to do within the first few months of wear - this protects the natural sole but also makes them more slip resistant?

4 - Are the dual zips mainly a design thing, or does the lower zip actually help in getting the boot on?

12. nicelynice

1 - If they're dark-colored boots, I wouldn't be too concerned with keeping them pristine - across all leather types, they're very well-made with thick leather. Moderate dirt, mud, snow, rain, etc. will be fine - just clean them off a bit with a damp towel when you get home and be sure to dry them out for a couple days if they get too wet. They're not storm-welted, however, so in very wet conditions water will seep in. I don't wear my light-colored boots in the elements

2 - Very low maintenance. Most have quite a bit of natural oil. Be wary about conditioning them if they have heavy processing done to the leather, it will likely change the finish of the boot. In my case, I'll usually hold off conditioning them for a year or two after purchasing, only doing so when the boot starts becoming visibly dry and has an "ashy" feel to it. Rather than obenaufs, I'll use saphir delicate as it's a bit easier on the leather while still cleaning and restoring the leather. If they're reverse leather, I will use a nubuck waterproofer (like the one they sell for Uggs) if I wear them in the rain/snow, otherwise no conditioning is necessary.

3 - Personal preference. I do all mine immediately because I wear them in rain and snow, gets a bit slippery otherwise. It'll certainly prolong the life of the boot and make maintenance cheaper and easier as you can replace the rubber portion when it wears down. I don't imagine even an expert cobbler will be able to replace an A1923 leather sole very easily

4 - I've never handled the dual zip but I've been told that it does help

1 person likes this.
  13. JFetter

Thank you for your reply!

14. bdude

bdude Well-Known Member

^^ only thing you really wanna avoid is salt ( during winter snow/icey times). Not good for the leather. If you get it on try to clean/ wash it off same day.

15. nicelynice

Yeah, always forget that - they don't salt the roads here in Japan. Spent a couple weeks in Toronto and the salt ate up my boots haha

Road snow is melted with sprinklers:

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Wow, wish I had known. :'(

1 person likes this.
  17. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

everything NN said is spot on.

4. is kinda design, had it been a full zip down it would be better because it is a bit hard to get your foot in.

IDK what leather you plan on getting but i recommend oiled horse or culatta both available at Hide-M http://hide-m.com,

18. JFetter

I'm looking at oiled horse vs buffalo.

Haven't been able to dig up a ton of info in this thread about buffalo... other than it's softer.

Which sounds nice, but I'm not sure it has the look I'm after. The few pics I've seen show it as slightly shiny and "pebbly" grain.

This I believe is the oiled horse, which has a wonderful smooth and matte look.. yet rough and wrinkly and thick looking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. psydle

psydle Well-Known Member

You guys are both Northerners?

20. psydle

psydle Well-Known Member

Zam Barrett 15 oz object dyed woven cotton/linen trousers stuffed in a1923 rev horse dual zips.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    2 people like this.