• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got confirmation and a tracking number from TSM that a pair of Ravello NST Boots, model 4030 are on their way to me.  Since I am in Pa, I hope they might arrive so I can wear them out to dinner tomorrow night.

Here's how it happened.  On Friday, on a whim, I called TSM and asked to speak to Ed.  About a month ago I read here that TSM is expecting Ravello Brixton Boots in the next few months.  I figured they were all spoken for (and they are) but I thought I would ask Ed to put me on the list as a back up (he agreed but said it was unlikely).  Before we hung up I asked him if there was any Ravello NST or LWB in the house in a 10D or 10.5D.  To my surprise he told me he had just sent a pair of 4030 NST boots back to the warehouse for return to Alden and he thought they were 10.5D but wasn't sure .  He said there is a small, almost unnoticeable dimple in the leather "mid way up on the inside" (I'm not sure what that means exactly and I guess I'll find out).  I offered my credit card, he took it and said he would confirm on Monday and only charge me if they were in fact my size.  He also offered me a discount but not the usual irregular price.  I'm pretty psyched and do hope the "dimple" is "almost unnoticeable".

I tried to find out why he had this boot and he suggested they had "a small run, like 18 pairs" of the model 4030 come in.  Sounded like they came in and went out the same day.  KInd of surprising though because I would think at least one person on this forum would have been in on such an order.  Anyway, I'm not going to look my good luck horse in the mouth.
I will update when the boots arrive.

Now that's a great story. Good luck.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got confirmation and a tracking number from TSM that a pair of Ravello NST Boots, model 4030 are on their way to me.  Since I am in Pa, I hope they might arrive so I can wear them out to dinner tomorrow night.

Here's how it happened.  On Friday, on a whim, I called TSM and asked to speak to Ed.  About a month ago I read here that TSM is expecting Ravello Brixton Boots in the next few months.  I figured they were all spoken for (and they are) but I thought I would ask Ed to put me on the list as a back up (he agreed but said it was unlikely).  Before we hung up I asked him if there was any Ravello NST or LWB in the house in a 10D or 10.5D.  To my surprise he told me he had just sent a pair of 4030 NST boots back to the warehouse for return to Alden and he thought they were 10.5D but wasn't sure .  He said there is a small, almost unnoticeable dimple in the leather "mid way up on the inside" (I'm not sure what that means exactly and I guess I'll find out).  I offered my credit card, he took it and said he would confirm on Monday and only charge me if they were in fact my size.  He also offered me a discount but not the usual irregular price.  I'm pretty psyched and do hope the "dimple" is "almost unnoticeable".

I tried to find out why he had this boot and he suggested they had "a small run, like 18 pairs" of the model 4030 come in.  Sounded like they came in and went out the same day.  KInd of surprising though because I would think at least one person on this forum would have been in on such an order.  Anyway, I'm not going to look my good luck horse in the mouth.

Congrats, coinop! If I'm not mistaken, that pair (10.5D Ravello NST) has been up/visible on their website for at least a week. I was surprised to see them on there, and only listed in that size. The shoe gods have shined down upon you!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Whiskey looks great with a pair of cords or some denim...

Tampa, those are some very nice Whiskey LHSes. I really like the color of those, it is somewhere between Whiskey and Ravello in my mind.

leffot saddles

MrDV, those are some nice looking saddles. The grain leather provides an interesting texture contrast that helps make them pop.

Just got confirmation and a tracking number from TSM that a pair of Ravello NST Boots, model 4030 are on their way to me. Since I am in Pa, I hope they might arrive so I can wear them out to dinner tomorrow night.

Here's how it happened. On Friday, on a whim, I called TSM and asked to speak to Ed. About a month ago I read here that TSM is expecting Ravello Brixton Boots in the next few months. I figured they were all spoken for (and they are) but I thought I would ask Ed to put me on the list as a back up (he agreed but said it was unlikely). Before we hung up I asked him if there was any Ravello NST or LWB in the house in a 10D or 10.5D. To my surprise he told me he had just sent a pair of 4030 NST boots back to the warehouse for return to Alden and he thought they were 10.5D but wasn't sure . He said there is a small, almost unnoticeable dimple in the leather "mid way up on the inside" (I'm not sure what that means exactly and I guess I'll find out). I offered my credit card, he took it and said he would confirm on Monday and only charge me if they were in fact my size. He also offered me a discount but not the usual irregular price. I'm pretty psyched and do hope the "dimple" is "almost unnoticeable".

I tried to find out why he had this boot and he suggested they had "a small run, like 18 pairs" of the model 4030 come in. Sounded like they came in and went out the same day. KInd of surprising though because I would think at least one person on this forum would have been in on such an order. Anyway, I'm not going to look my good luck horse in the mouth.

Those are a very nice pair of boots. Glad that you were able to pick those up. Hope that the dimple is pretty high up and not a big deal.

-Mike

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Heck of a wife you got there B4Life. She's a keeper! Enjoy often and in great health my friend!!

joekix

Reaction score
Do you guys know if Alden is on vacation? I emailed them about a week ago to get some boots restored and I haven't heard from them. I called too. Thanks in advance.

coinopcollector

Reaction score

Congrats, coinop! If I'm not mistaken, that pair (10.5D Ravello NST) has been up/visible on their website for at least a week. I was surprised to see them on there, and only listed in that size. The shoe gods have shined down upon you!

I did notice after I ordered off the phone from Ed that there were a pair of 10.5 on the website and i tried to add them to my shopping cart. You could pick size but when I hit add to cart it didn't work.
I wonder if they are the same pair of 10.5's that were on the irregular list a few weeks back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads