• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexandchau

Reaction score
I wish you would have left a little longer! haha. It was up like a day!!
After I saw it on eBay I looked thru about 20 pages of the marketplace and couldn't find it. I had to google "Cigar PTB" before I found it.
Yeah, I had to take down the ad after I got the bid on eBay. I didn't think someone would place a bid on it so early in the auction. Anyway, does anybody have the Alden for J Crew navy cxl ptb? The color and brass eyelets is starting to grow on me. Damn it, I need help! :)

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Choices - buy a color 8 Indy from The Shoe Mart now with its 360 reverse welt and commando sole or get on the waiting list for Alden NYC's version, which has a double leather sole and close heel... Alden NYC's version should be restocked by year end...

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Choices - buy a color 8 Indy from The Shoe Mart now with its 360 reverse welt and commando sole or get on the waiting list for Alden NYC's version, which has a double leather sole and close heel... Alden NYC's version should be restocked by year end...

I always prefer the double leather sole, especially with shell. However, I suppose it depends how you plan to use them and in which part of our country you live (climate/weather). I suppose it also depends on the immediacy of the itch to possess them.
tounge.gif

BTW, I do prefer the closed heel also.

Last edited:

rick

Reaction score

Epaulet's Innsbrook Indy?  Sweet boot indeed...  congrats and wear often and in great health my friend!

you are correct sir, these are better then any pics i've seen, the brass eyelets makes them pop.

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MrDV - Great question - and replies. I'd be happy if they'd just offer more #4 - an NST boot would be great, or perhaps a LWB. More 4!
THIS! #4 plaza boot. I don't have an nst boot...
Navy blue shell Leffot Naval Boot. Of course it will never happen.
censored.gif
Fortunately, I have not been bit by the navy blue shell bug. But if alden offered it I'm sure I would play.
Last I spoke with Alden DC they had cigar plain toe Barrie 8E 675$ or so plus a tax is also possible Is color 4 darker than Ravello?
#4 is more red, ravello more caramel
Grant last, #4 shell, Medallion Captoe, Low profile commando, Blind eyelets and speed hooks, 270-storm welt w/ antique edge trim and pull tabs. EDIT: or maybe even #6 shell. Isn't that more reddish than #4?
I would jump on that. I like exposed eyelets. Grant last is great for boots.
One of three: Thor boot. Cigar, Plaza, all eyelet, dark edge trim, wingtip boot. Or cigar atom. Maybe not the last one because there's a small chance it will pop up at Leffot again.
3? Alden wouldn't return your email. They may even keep your deposit.
Sorry, I'm a little late to the game. I'd do a Whiskey and Ravello saddle blucher, flat 360 welt, sigle waterlock sole, blind eyelets, antique edgetrim. :slayer: ]
I really like those older pictures from aoc. That saddle blucher would be sick.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you prefer the NYC version, I would wait for. What's a few months for a boot that you will have for years?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suede LWBs are awesome but retailers tend not order E widths in them. Maybe Alden NYC...

Maybe I'll check with Alden NYC to see if they can get their hands on a narrow width suede LWB for me.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden NYC.

jt2gt

Reaction score
Wow...tough choice...any Indy 8 looks great to me. Favorite boot of mine and gets most compliments. **** luck picking.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 month wait for the color 8 Indy boot in my size... Would like to have these by January... Other option is a black cordovan Indy, which may be prudent given I already have the color 8 tanker. But I really like the close heel and leather sole on the Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads