• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^jeans and chinos is exactly what you'd wear those with. those are not something you'd wear with suit and tie (or even dress shirt and trousers) at all.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is having both Ravello andy Whiskey longwing redundant? What do you guys think? Should I keep both?

Not redundant at all. But I am in the process of getting all the shell LWB colors (#8 left to buy and Whiskey on pre-order). :)

keithp3521

Reaction score

That's a good question, and one that I can't definitively answer. I have plain toe boots on the Trubalance and they are pretty voluminous, but from what I can tell the Trubalance has a larger width differential between the ball and heel than the Barrie. Based on the pic below, and what I'm feeling on my feet, the Barrie has a wider heel relative to the ball than the Trubalance.

I've got a new pair of shell PTBs on the Barrie that feel great with thinner (i.e. certainly not thin) socks in the ball of the shoe but very loose side to side (not so much lengthwise) in the heel. With thicker socks (Wigwam hikers) the shoe feels decent overall, but the ball is just a bit on the tight side and the heel remains a tad loose.
Should I expect the shoe to conform better to my feet as the soles and the leather break in? I guess my next remedies will be some tongue pads and / or insoles. Any suggestions?

I need to take a photo of the bottom of my foot and compare it to these lasts. Both the trubalance and the modified lasts look they weren't designed for human beings. Look at that curve at the ball of the foot. I mean, seriously. What human foot looks like that?

Last edited:

0waterbouys

Reaction score
I need to take a photo of the bottom of my foot and compare it to these lasts. Both the trubalance and the modified lasts look they weren't designed for human beings. Look at that curve at the ball of the foot. I mean, seriously. What human foot looks like that?

Every time I see the modified last that is the first thing I think of. Though I consistently hear that it is easily the most comfortable last to wear.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try them on, both are super comfy

jpc9

Reaction score
Every time I see the modified last that is the first thing I think of. Though I consistently hear that it is easily the most comfortable last to wear.

Try them on, both are super comfy
I've read the same exact thing; lots of strong (to say the least) opinions either way about the Modified in particular. So, curiosity got the better of me and I took the plunge on these Natty SWB makeups from Moulded (sorry for the ****** iPhone 4 pics and no, I don't roll my jeans like that..they're work/yard jeans rolled up to show the whole shoe.)

I was skeptical right up until I stood up after lacing them. "No way these will fit correctly," I told myself, "Look at that bizarre sole profile."

And then...

Holy hell they are comfortable - much more so than Barrie (which fits fine, but not like these). I don't find them too wide or constricting in the midfoot and I am pretty much a textbook 9 medium on the Brannock with average arches (these are accordingly size 8.5D). Yeah, the toebox is a bit bulbous, but there is something oddly sleek about them. I can't really define how.

Like stevent said, try them on. You might be surprised. I certainly was.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maiden voyage: Alden x Epaulet Cigar "Brixton" WT boot. [Mac break-in day 1. Carpets only].
Already seeing some nice variations in the Cigar Shell.
Dare I say, Cigar is the new Ravello !
Cigarbrixton.jpg

Cigarbrixton3.jpg

Cigarbrixton2.jpg

nephew,
enjoy wearing your cigar wt boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads