• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunks206

Reaction score
^ email Steven at Leffot and express your interest so hopefully we all can be happy.
biggrin.gif

Speaking of Leffot they got in some Cigar NST on the Aberdeen last.
http://blog.leffot.com/category/brands/alden-brands/

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Anyone who's interested in trying to get a whiskey Indy boot made up needs to call Kathy at the Alden DC store @ 1-(202)-347-2308

Anyone who's interested in trying to get a ravello captoe boot made up needs to email Steven @ [email protected].

The only way either one of these boots could possibly get produced is to take the time out of your day and express interest to either retailer. I'm in for either pair and have called Kathy already and will email Steven today.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
Anyone who's interested in trying to get a whiskey Indy boot made up needs to call Kathy at the Alden DC store @ 1-(202)-347-2308 Anyone who's interested in trying to get a ravello captoe boot made up needs to email Steven @ [email protected]. The only way either one of these boots could possibly get produced is to take the time out of your day and express interest to either retailer. I'm in for either pair and have called Kathy already and will email Steven today.
Thanks for posting this. I'm certainly considering it although I'd much prefer an Indy Boot in Ravello.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
33utxmq.jpg

cigar nst
argyles otc

HorseHide

Reaction score
Anyone who's interested in trying to get a whiskey Indy boot made up needs to call Kathy at the Alden DC store @ 1-(202)-347-2308

Anyone who's interested in trying to get a ravello captoe boot made up needs to email Steven @ [email protected].

The only way either one of these boots could possibly get produced is to take the time out of your day and express interest to either retailer. I'm in for either pair and have called Kathy already and will email Steven today.

Who decided that we have to contact Kathy for one and Steven for the other? Not trying to be difficult but I'm a little curious how this fell into place.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
Who decided that we have to contact Kathy for one and Steven for the other? Not trying to be difficult but I'm a little curious how this fell into place.

My guess is that Kathy has shown in the past to be receptive to makeup suggestions and Stephen has sold the Ravello captoe boot before.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
My guess is that Kathy has shown in the past to be receptive to makeup suggestions and Stephen has sold the Ravello captoe boot before.
That is correct. I'm just trying to generate interest in a special makeup boot from a retailer. I wouldn't be opposed to a ravello Indy, either. The more SF members who express interest, the greater the chance of getting a special makeup produced. I guess a consensus or poll should've been taken before this whole thing started up as to what boot we'd like to have made.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
Received my black wingtip boots today.

af107.jpg

AOC AF107? Very nice and enjoy wearing them.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the special makeups that are being discussed; is there a way we can get better organized on this? I am interested in a ravello boot, a whiskey boot etc. etc. but if we are calling/emailing different places with different requests not sure it can work.
What about us getting or **** together and asking Tom to help us out before going to someone else?

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
On the special makeups that are being discussed; is there a way we can get better organized on this? I am interested in a ravello boot, a whiskey boot etc. etc. but if we are calling/emailing different places with different requests not sure it can work.
What about us getting or **** together and asking Tom to help us out before going to someone else?

\\

tom in the past has said if we get enough orders and alden has the pattern he will do it. i also remember that tom said it would be hard to do any exotic shell, cigar, ravello etc. calling tom.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is correct. I'm just trying to generate interest in a special makeup boot from a retailer. I wouldn't be opposed to a ravello Indy, either. The more SF members who express interest, the greater the chance of getting a special makeup produced. I guess a consensus or poll should've been taken before this whole thing started up as to what boot we'd like to have made.

I don't think it is interest that is causing these to not get made. ravello boots fly off the shelves whenever they are made, its the supply that is much harder.

though, getting in on pre-order does make it more likely that you will actually be able to buy a pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads