• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT1982

Reaction score
I have seen:

- White Suede
- Milkshake Suede
- Sand Suede
- Tan Suede
- Camel Suede (J Crew)
- Snuff Suede
- Light Brown Suede
- Brown Suede
- Brown Chumus Suede (Moulded)
- Dark Brown Suede
- Chocolate Suede (LS)
- Black Suede
- Green Suede
- Hunting Green Suede
- Olive Suede
- Navy Blue Suede
- Blue Suede

I am not sure if that list above of 17 colors is really more like 13 or 14.

Is Humus (Leffot - http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/44912f-cooney-boot.html) the same as Chocolate (LS)? I can't find any pics online from anyone that has both to compare side by side.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
modified last #8 straight tips. my "go ahead and step all over them, spill drinks on them, projectile whatever on them" shoes.

Very nice looking Bluchers KDubs!

It's pretty neat how the same boot in different leathers can give off completely different vibes.

Alden x J.Crew #8 shell captoe boots.

Alden x Leffot natural chromexcel captoe boots

Those are two beautiful boots. It is indeed amazing how much the material can impact the look and feel of the boot. I find it equally amazing that the Last can essentially do the same thing!

crazy to think that we'll be coming up on 11 months for the ryden boot. not crazy from an alden wait time perspective, but crazy that it was so long ago that order was processed.

fingers crossed it arrives as spec'd

Wow, 11 months already? I just forget about makeups and am pleasantly surprised when they come in...

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Happy New Year guys! Been very busy doing all of the honey-do's...

Tuesday. Alden x JCrew Snuff Suede and Color 8 Saddle Shoes.

Wednesday. Alden x LeatherSoul Ultimate Indy Boot. (Sorry, not working I lost track of days and forgot it was Whiskey Wednesday)

New Years Eve. Alden Cigar Leisure Handsewn. Made by Alden DC a few years back. My annual NYE tradition.

-Mike

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the specs of the rydenfan boot, I never saw it initially...just curious

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have the specs of the rydenfan boot, I never saw it initially...just curious

Shape: Plain toe boot

Upper: Horween Black Shell Cordovan

Last: Barrie Last

Sole: Commando

Details: All Brass eyelets (no speedhooks), Antique edge trim, reverse/storm welt

BenLeaman

Reaction score
As a quick follow-up to my post from yesterday - I spoke with Aram at Ah One and he said that swapping out the metal shank for a wood replacement is a common request and a modification he is happy to perform during a standard resole. I'm looking forward to gradually making my Alden collection road warrior approved.

That's really good to know. Thank you for passing that info on and I may look into it in the future.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My favorite Alden model. One that I hope to soon acquire. Well done as always Mac.

nephew,
thank you, one of my favorites, a worth while addition to your shoe wardrobe

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Uncle really great to have you back. Always inspiring and the main reason we are all here!

nephew,
thank you
the thread is only good as all members contribute and act as gentlemen

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Tankers - need a brushing but increasingly happy with some scuffs showing and more Of a matte finish.

nephew,
looking good

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Happy New Year guys! Been very busy doing all of the honey-do's... Tuesday. Alden x JCrew Snuff Suede and Color 8 Saddle Shoes.
Wednesday. Alden x LeatherSoul Ultimate Indy Boot. (Sorry, not working I lost track of days and forgot it was Whiskey Wednesday)
New Years Eve. Alden Cigar Leisure Handsewn. Made by Alden DC a few years back. My annual NYE tradition.
-Mike
nephew, having a good week and a good combo with your khakis, argyles and cigar lhs

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

king chukka
argyles otc

happy and healthy new year to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads