• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tankers - need a brushing but increasingly happy with some scuffs showing and more Of a matte finish.

Rstldr

Reaction score
The vanilla bean just doesn't perform well in wet weather unless I apply Alden ice cream defender first
1f609.png

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the third year in a row, I will be wearing my Alden 4060 (black cordovan capris boot) for NYE festivities. What will you be wearing?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Looking very sharp in your King Plaza Wingtips. What are the boots just sitting there on the floor ignored?

Mike you spotted them.
Black shell plaza last Dr. Jones boot from Fransboone.

Here they are at the Jimmy Choo section in Harrods. Shopping for the wife guys!

The Dr. Jones is a fantastic boot. Yours look very good. Have fun spending your entire shoe budget on your wife... :)

-Mike

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After reading all of this, I am slightly concerned about the Ryden boot coming in to spec. For example, if they came in with black edging and/or with black eyelets, that would negate the whole appeal of the boots (to me). But I shouldn't get all worked up about something that hasn't happened yet.

Feeling the same way. Especially when both Leathersoul and Leffot have come out with similar makeups to Epaulet's rydenboot since that pre-order was finalized last February.

I might be done with Alden (and move away from shell) and invest $7xx towards StC or Zonkey or Enzo Bonafe or whomever Skoak is about to bring in if Alden continues to be challenging to work with. I just had a 1.5 year delay on what was supposed to be a ravello wt boot that ended up being a cigar wt boot and that was paid in full upfront!. I will be very upset if the ryden boot is messed up as I've passed up a handful of nice black boot makeups - in both Alden and Viberg - as I've been on that preorder for nearly a year.

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the third year in a row, I will be wearing my Alden 4060 (black cordovan capris boot) for NYE festivities. What will you be wearing?

modified last #8 straight tips. my "go ahead and step all over them, spill drinks on them, projectile whatever on them" shoes.

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

crazy to think that we'll be coming up on 11 months for the ryden boot. not crazy from an alden wait time perspective, but crazy that it was so long ago that order was processed.

fingers crossed it arrives as spec'd

Last edited:

bm93

Reaction score
It's pretty neat how the same boot in different leathers can give off completely different vibes.

Alden x J.Crew #8 shell captoe boots.

Alden x Leffot natural chromexcel captoe boots

Last edited:

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

crazy to think that we'll be coming up on 11 months for the ryden boot. not crazy from an alden wait time perspective, but crazy that it was so long ago that order was processed.

fingers crossed it arrives as spec'd

What's really crazy is that we can be here in one year and that boot might still not be ready.

Also, I am not on that one but if you wanted out... you know who to call!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads