• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sell two of seven:
Black cordovan tanker boot (Barrie)
Black cordovan NST blucher (Aberdeen)
Color 8 wingtip boot (Barrie)
Color 8 captoe boot (Plaza)
Black cordovan unlined PTB (Barrie)
990 (Barrie)
Snuff plaza wingtip bluchers

Rule - you can only pick one black model
This is probably not what you're looking for, but sell the 2 you wear least frequently.

Why would you use any other parameters?

ElDave

Reaction score

i thought i remembered that Adam had one on special over at AofC. Good luck.

Thanks! My size has to be ordered but that's exactly what I was looking for.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tan Wingtip Boots from J Gilbert

Really like these in the spring rain

asatyme6.jpg

AWESOME! I do love these boots! I wear them at least once a week. Here's a X-post from today's #ShoeShineSunday. I needed to give mine a bit of love … http://www.styleforum.net/t/75787/the-hanger-project-affiliate-thread/990#post_7038038

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sell two of seven:
990 (Barrie)

I would sell
Black nst shoe
Snuff wingtip

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sell two of seven:
990 (Barrie)

I would sell the black unlined PTB first, and then decide which of the two color 8 boots you want to keep.

I think the plaza snuff wingtips are a unique and highly appealing make-up, imo. If I didn't have any other snuff in this sort of make up I would not give it up (bc I wear mine quite frequently; not sure how much use you get from it though).

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would boot the unlined black pts and the suede wingtip. What are the details on the denim?

90shilling

Reaction score

Quote:
I would sell the black unlined PTB first, and then decide which of the two color 8 boots you want to keep.

I think the plaza snuff wingtips are a unique and highly appealing make-up, imo. If I didn't have any other snuff in this sort of make up I would not give it up (bc I wear mine quite frequently; not sure how much use you get from it though).
+1 - def the black unlined PTB, and I would sell the color 8 captoe, since you wouldn't have a color 8 wingtip left to wear.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would boot the unlined black pts and the suede wingtip. What are the details on the denim?

The denim are the 3sixteen 17oz, purchased from Self Edge. I really like them as a heavier weight alternative to my usual APCs.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Al, just curious - what makes you wear the black tankers more than the color 8s? This seems like one of the few times I've heard of color 8 being trumped by black when comparing within models.

There is sometimes a difference between preference and actual wearability

I "prefer" the color 8 tankers over the black tankers by a lot - the color 8 tankers are one of my favorite models

I have worn the black cordovan tanker more recently because it is a commando soled black boot, and I have a lot of fall/winter outfits that it goes well with. I have a few sweaters in black (cashmere, cardigans, v neck, etc), a black parka, black quilted jacket, dark grey houndstooth pants, etc. With those outfits, I prefer black footwear. For example, for weekend nights I may wear a pair of houndstooth trousers, a pink or blue dress shirt, a black RRL cardigan and either black tanker boots or my black captoe boots, depending on the weather.

With spring approaching, I have less black in the wardrobe, so the color 8 tankers (and cigar captoe boots as well) will get more wear. When I do have black on, I may reach for the NST shoe instead with warmer weather approaching.

All of which to me suggests that those unlined black PTBs should go (I've thought about selling numerous times)

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a monk fan, but I would wear those often! While the breadth of your collection may not compare with Uncle's collection, your must-have pairs are certainly in the same league. I'm just trying to get in the same league with your lawn. Spring can't get here soon enough! I would like to live in SD.
smile.gif

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is sometimes a difference between preference and actual wearability

I "prefer" the color 8 tankers over the black tankers by a lot - the color 8 tankers are one of my favorite models

I have worn the black cordovan tanker more recently because it is a commando soled black boot, and I have a lot of fall/winter outfits that it goes well with. I have a few sweaters in black (cashmere, cardigans, v neck, etc), a black parka, black quilted jacket, dark grey houndstooth pants, etc. With those outfits, I prefer black footwear. For example, for weekend nights I may wear a pair of houndstooth trousers, a pink or blue dress shirt, a black RRL cardigan and either black tanker boots or my black captoe boots, depending on the weather.

With spring approaching, I have less black in the wardrobe, so the color 8 tankers (and cigar captoe boots as well) will get more wear. When I do have black on, I may reach for the NST shoe instead with warmer weather approaching.

All of which to me suggests that those unlined black PTBs should go (I've thought about selling numerous times)

Are you sure that we are actually going to get a spring here in NY? We just got 10 inches of snow yesterday. Funny how you draw to black in the winter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads