• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

One of my few regrets is not jumping on them!

Depending on your size, I'm sure you'll have a chance to snag a pair. They usually have them available on the site after they receive their shipment. If not, I'm sure another pre-order won't be far away.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I LOVE how they are in front of (what looks like) the television. I'd likely be looking at the shoes more that whats on the tube.
Lol... I didn't even notice the TV. Do you really store them like that?? Awesome...
rotflmao.gif

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you gents, and as I've mentioned a couple times recently in this thread.. if folks are 11.5barrie/12TTS... I might be purging.. not at this point now, but life changes have put my mind in a place where I grab some 405 indys 6 days out of the week, the rest can gather dust for all I care. I have some immediate family health issues that I might be able to prepay off ravello alone for awhile, and am now weighing the options.

dont feel inappropriate to message me directly if you are 11.5 barrie/TRU/12TTS and I'll set your info aside. cannot guarantee I'll put anything for sell, but if I do, my SF family gets first dibs before ebay vultures. No disrespect intended if I do not respond immed, my mind is just in another place right now.

I'll be MIA from the thread for the bit while I work through some stuff, but will gather PMs and respond accordingly if I deem necessary.

take care you guys. everyone be safe please :) shoes mean little in the gran scheme of things, trust me.
kwhitelaw,

I think it's fair to say you have the unwavering support of all of us at this forum towards the betterment of your family's health issues. Material goods are indeed meaningless.

Beebs

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

kwhitelaw,

I think it's fair to say you have the unwavering support of all of us at this forum towards the betterment of your family's health issues.  Material goods are indeed meaningless.

Beebs

Kwhitelaw,

Sorry to hear about your family, but glad to hear that you are prioritizing properly. Best of luck and hope to hear from you soon.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I am glad these semi-brogues continue to receive so much love and play here.  Mike, you wear them well.  Keep up the good work. 
I laugh a little because these "grail" shoes were hiding in my closet untouched for years.   

Thanks! I do enjoy them very much. Definitely my favorite of my 3 black shell shoes.

-Mike

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been lurking for a while but i have steadily built up my collection over the last couple of years.

From left to right
Rough Roy, 405, natural chromexcel, snuff lwb, tan dover,
color 8, black, cigar, ravello

great variety!

tampatravel

Reaction score
Why does re-crafting at Alden take so long? I was quoted 8-10 weeks.

Heck, I can get an entire new engine put in my car within 48 hours, job completed.

They DO take forever and they're about to raise their prices for a re-craft FYI. They do offer up the new box and shoe trees and shipping both ways. I'm waiting on a pair that arrived at their place on Jan 23rd.

One new thing is that they send out a nice fancy color postcard instead of the old school DOS printed card - my address was printed on that postcard and it looked more like a ransom note than an address.

I just noticed the 20th is this week - they've been in town for a month now.

I'm interested in seeing what my PTB Brooks Brothers in #8 look like. They needed a re-dye & resole for sure and will hopefully be back on my feet by the start of March Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics