• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katabatic

Reaction score
how are you guys getting Jcrew to backorder Aldens?

Sometimes the website lists a shoe as "BACKORDERED" rather than just showing "OUT OF STOCK" (or other items - some of their vests I'm interested in are backordered right now). You can still put a backordered item in the cart and order it, you just need extra patience :)

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me a little hope please? I ordered the Jcrew captoe cordovan boots in size 9D (medium). I am a 8.5EE in AE 5-last strands. 8 and halves fit perfectly in length.

So do you think the 9D will work for me? I'm worried about the length and heal slipping. Since theyre boots, would wearing thicker socks and tightening the laces help? The only other boots I have are chukka boots and those don't lace all the way to the ankles, so I was wondering if the lacing of these boots would help. Since I'm pushing it a little with the width as well, will that help in stabilizing the fit?

I'm just kicking myself for snoozing on making the purchase a couple days ago when 8.5's weren't sold out. Can someone with alden/allen edmonds shoe experience help me out with my first alden and first boot purchase? These are the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen and wish I could make it work.
I wear 10E in AE's 5 last and wear 10D in the J Crew PCT boots. If i had to guess, the boots you ordered will be significantly too big. However, try them out. If they fit, great. If not simply return them to the nearest J Crew store? Are you having to wait several months? If so, I don't think it's worth it to have $700 (or $550 if you go them on sale) tied up for that long. I'm sorry, but I doubt they will fit.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 9.5D in other brands and in the Barrie last but I suspect I might be in between a 9.5D and 10.0D. In Aberdeen and Plaza, I go with a 10.0D due to the narow last.
I suspect I would go 9.0D in a Truebalance but haven't tried that last yet...

Thanks very much. That's helpful.

gosheik

Reaction score
Anybody have a photo of this make-up in "the wild"? (Alden by Leffot LWB: Barrie Last, Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Double Waterlock Soles)

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this thread nearly single handedly cleaned out the J Crew inventory of Aldens.
cheers.gif

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Braves are the ***** and will win another World Series to go with the many playoffs and world series they have won over the last few many years.

Bucs. Really.

I guess Haters are the price of consistent domination and replacing the New York Yankees as the epitome of Sports Excellence.
Actually, the Braves are a great organization that simply does not know how to win a championship. The only reason they won in 1995 is because the were up against another team that was even more clueless as to how to win (Cleveland). Y'all arguably had one of the all-time greatest pitching staffs EVER between 1991-2005, and could only muster one pennant?? Replacing the Yankees as the epitome of Sports Excellence?? Your own fans won't even show up to sell out PLAYOFF GAMES!! The Braves aren't even in Forbes' list of the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the world. My friend, please... you must be smokin' that really strong smelling AE shell...
rotflmao.gif
It also helps to be in a perennially weak division.

In all seriousness though, it is nice to have a team that is almost always in the hunt.

Last edited:

gosheik

Reaction score
I think this thread nearly single handedly cleaned out the J Crew inventory of Aldens.
cheers.gif

Hahaha...I know I did my part!

So, what do you guys think, could this really be an oversight on the part of J.Crew, or do you think it's intentional? I mean, how many times could a major corporation make such an accidental oversight with their promo codes, especially when they see it results in such a ridiculous (ostensibly costly in terms of their profit margin) one-day spike in Alden sales?!

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hahaha...I know I did my part!

So, what do you guys think, could this really be an oversight on the part of J.Crew, or do you think it's intentional? I mean, how many times could a major corporation make such an accidental oversight with their promo codes, especially when they see it results in such a ridiculous (ostensibly costly in terms of their profit margin) one-day spike in Alden sales?!

IMO, these things are generally mistakes as in-store managers have been told to exclude items from sales, but they tend to be able to be selected online. I don't have any inside info, though.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody have a photo of this make-up in "the wild"? (Alden by Leffot LWB: Barrie Last, Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Double Waterlock Soles)
These look like the Leffot pre-orders. I don't think they've actually come in yet.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, the Braves are a great organization that simply does not know how to win a championship. The only reason they won in 1995 is because the were up against another team that was even more clueless as to how to win (Cleveland). Y'all arguably had one of the all-time greatest pitching staffs EVER between 1991-2005, and could only muster one pennant?? Replacing the Yankees as the epitome of Sports Excellence?? Your own fans won't even show up to sell out PLAYOFF GAMES!! The Braves aren't even in Forbes' list of the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the world. My friend, please... you must be smokin' that really strong smelling AE shell...
rotflmao.gif
It also helps to be in a perennially weak division. In all seriousness though, it is nice to have a team that is almost always in the hunt.
1) The Braves have recently been hamstrung by a bad TV deal... While other teams are flush with TV money, the Braves are stuck in an antiquated contract that undervalues the team's importance to its local network. That deal is apparently in place for a couple of decades, so it will be tough to get out of. The Dodgers can spend whatever they want while the Braves (who have a huge, but diffuse fanbase) can't. Once the Braves to get out of that contract, though, expect the team value to rise 2) As I mentioned, the fanbase is diffuse (Atlanta isn't a dense town), so it is difficult to get to games. However, the Braves have the most fans in the region, from Virgina to Alabama to Northern Florida through Arkansas (though that approaches Cardinals territory) 3) The Braves ran into the Yankees buzzsaw in the late 1990s and some other great teams (Twins, Jays, etc). Otherwise, there would have been more titles won. 4) The Braves won the NL East (over the much more hyped Nats and Phillies) with a very young roster that will get better with age. Guys like Medlen, Minor and Teheran are years away from their prime, not to mention our young batters (Freeman, Heyward, etc). The future is very bright. 5) This series ain't over

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These look like the Leffot pre-orders. I don't think they've actually come in yet.

They have done several runs, there are photos in the thread (I don't have any photos of mine available right now)

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Five years of immediate playoff success (unmatched by any QB ever to play the game in his first five years in the league) and a Lombardi trophy, was well worth it. Any franchise would gladly give their QB that contract for the 5 years Flacco helped to produce. What will happen to the Ravens in the near future? Time will tell my friend.

BTW, Ravello is overrated!
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads