• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up some suede loafers off of ebay. im a sucker for unlined, flex-welt. the vamp is tight but im hoping it stretched. i love the look of the stacked heal especially

aldenwear

Reaction score
All this NL talk. We all know the Red Sox will dominate
stirpot.gif

CXL Brixtons today in the rain

No one can beat the shoes, but the Red Sox cannot survive the NL . . . . . if they get past their AL comp.

Last edited:

aldenwear

Reaction score
Hi everybody, as i live in italy, the only width available here is the E. I'm interested in buyin a pair of Aldens that comes in D, usually i wear a 10 E on the berrie. Do i have to move to 10,5 on the D?

Thanks a lot

I too wear in "e" width. I can wear a "d" width in trubalance by going up 1/2 size as you suggest, and most of the time I can go with a "d" width in barrie using the same strategy. I cannot down a width (from "e" to "d") by sizing up 1/2 size in lasts that are true to size, like aberdeen, grant, etc. In these lasts, I just get shoes that are too long and too narrow. I hope this helps.

tampatravel

Reaction score
Picked up some suede loafers off of ebay. im a sucker for unlined, flex-welt. the vamp is tight but im hoping it stretched. i love the look of the stacked heal especially

Namor, are those the ones muchocoins had on eBay?

I think they were $180. I was watching them and then...*poof* they were Namor'd away from me.

Let's hope my Tampa Bay Rays play well tonight. I'm over the "Red Sox Nation" that lives in Tampa.

Please note...If you're ever in the Tampa Bay area...there's only one place to stay:

TheAlden.jpg

...the Alden Beach Resort of course!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Namor, are those the ones muchocoins had on eBay?

I think they were $180. I was watching them and then...*poof* they were Namor'd away from me.

Let's hope my [COLOR=0000FF]Tampa Bay Rays[/COLOR] play well tonight. I'm over the "Red Sox Nation" that lives in Tampa.

Please note...If you're ever in the Tampa Bay area...there's only one place to stay:

lol, yeah he lowered the price after i contacted him. less than 15 minutes can save you 15% or more

aldenwear

Reaction score
Actually, the Braves are a great organization that simply does not know how to win a championship. The only reason they won in 1995 is because the were up against another team that was even more clueless as to how to win (Cleveland). Y'all arguably had one of the all-time greatest pitching staffs EVER between 1991-2005, and could only muster one pennant?? Replacing the Yankees as the epitome of Sports Excellence?? Your own fans won't even show up to sell out PLAYOFF GAMES!! The Braves aren't even in Forbes' list of the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the world. My friend, please... you must be smokin' that really strong smelling AE shell...
rotflmao.gif
It also helps to be in a perennially weak division.

In all seriousness though, it is nice to have a team that is almost always in the hunt.

C'est vrai. I have to crow about the Braves because I have settled in a town that epitomizes sports futility in the NL baseball world. Yes, Braves have a tremendous organization -- like the Cardinals -- in that they seem to restock and always be strong.

aldenwear

Reaction score
1) The Braves have recently been hamstrung by a bad TV deal... While other teams are flush with TV money, the Braves are stuck in an antiquated contract that undervalues the team's importance to its local network. That deal is apparently in place for a couple of decades, so it will be tough to get out of. The Dodgers can spend whatever they want while the Braves (who have a huge, but diffuse fanbase) can't. Once the Braves to get out of that contract, though, expect the team value to rise

2) As I mentioned, the fanbase is diffuse (Atlanta isn't a dense town), so it is difficult to get to games. However, the Braves have the most fans in the region, from Virgina to Alabama to Northern Florida through Arkansas (though that approaches Cardinals territory)

3) The Braves ran into the Yankees buzzsaw in the late 1990s and some other great teams (Twins, Jays, etc). Otherwise, there would have been more titles won.

4) The Braves won the NL East (over the much more hyped Nats and Phillies) with a very young roster that will get better with age. Guys like Medlen, Minor and Teheran are years away from their prime, not to mention our young batters (Freeman, Heyward, etc). The future is very bright.

5) This series ain't over

Al, are you a southerner in New York? Rebel yell, dude!

epc2

Reaction score
Nice score Namor , now why all muchocoins shoes are 11 and 11.5 Daamm.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a photo of this make-up in "the wild"? (Alden by Leffot LWB: Barrie Last, Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Double Waterlock Soles)

Gosh I found this link on the web. Its not from Leffot, but looks almost the same makeup.
http://www.stitchedandstitched.com/?p=1856
I am not sure if it is the waterlock sole, but they do look quite similar.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's bad enough I live in Boston and have to hear about the Sox everyday. Now I cant even read an Alden thread on an internet site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads