• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
horrible iphone photos of my small collection. suede chukka is from AE, couldnt pass up for $99 as i rarely wear suede and couldnt justify alden cost.
not pictured, as they havent arrived yet, as ravello LWB from jcrew. first pair got lost in shipping, have a smaller pair in the mail now, hoping they fit
smile.gif

Fine collection my friend!

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a Kirkwood?

How about the red WTB with brass eyelets? Oxblood Brixton?

Is that a CXL WTB on Plaza?

Fingers crossed that they fit. That is puzzling about the first pair
puzzled.gif

Is it possible that they will surface eventually and you will have a bonus pair?
day tripper from leffot.

brown alpine grain from LS and yes, CXL wingtip on plaza, also from LS.

yea I'm stumped about the missing 11.5 LWB from jcrew. credit card was charged, but a week later, nada.. they researched for a couple days but cannot find anything.. only had the 11d left, which I'll admit I've never tried fitting in barrie. my heads going to spin if they fit, as I'll have to swap out all my 11.5 for 11
rotflmao.gif

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Happy Memorial Day my friends...

RTP, very nicely done sir
Thank you CTYGGG!

nephew,
good looking wardrobe, enjoy wearing
Uncle, thank you!

Nice line-up! Sure has grown quickly! It is funny how the Marlows are the only non-Alden shoes that are accepted in this thread.
I also like your Calf/Shell comparison shots. Do you wear the calf much? I haven't bought anything in calf since I became interested in shell.
Bakes, I can't believe the quick growth either. I've doubled my shells since my last family pic in October (this thread is killing me). I have to admit that I wear my calf LWBs quite a bit for fear of scuffing up my shells or rain. I will get over that though. It's like someone wise said here on this thread at least in so many words... "They're shoes that are meant to be worn, not Rembrandts." Truth be told, some of these shoes are so gorgeous I am afraid to mess them up.

I haven't bought any calf since either, but I have picked up some nice suede. Have a nice four day week everyone!

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
day tripper from leffot.

brown alpine grain from LS and yes, CXL wingtip on plaza, also from LS.

yea I'm stumped about the missing 11.5 LWB from jcrew. credit card was charged, but a week later, nada.. they researched for a couple days but cannot find anything.. only had the 11d left, which I'll admit I've never tried fitting in barrie. my heads going to spin if they fit, as I'll have to swap out all my 11.5 for 11
rotflmao.gif
1 for 3. At least I didn't strike-out.

I did think that #2 looked a little grainy, but could not remember a grain WTB in that color, but now I can.
That would indeed open up an entirely new can of worms. Maybe you could justify just replacing the LWB, as they (
deadhorse-a.gif
) that they fit larger than other barrie make-ups.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Six pair of shell cordovan shoes in six months. back row: #8 PTB, #8 captoe boot, RL Marlow wingtip. Front row: Ravello LWB, cigar LHS, RL Marlow PTB

Fine collection BeSpiff... I think you and I are acquiring at about the same pace. Well done my friend!

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that I wear my calf LWBs quite a bit for fear of scuffing up my shells or rain. Truth be told, some of these shoes are so gorgeous I am afraid to mess them up.
I know the feeling. That's why I simply cold-clock anyone who gets within an arms length of me while I'm wearing shells (children and elderly included). Can't risk having a clumsy person mar my shoes by stepping on them.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fine collection BeSpiff... I think you and I are acquiring at about the same pace.  Well done my friend!
RTP, between you, CTYGGG, MrDv, and Bakes, you guys just killed it today. It was simply an awesome display of horses rump footwear. To all those who also posted their own family photos my thanks and gratitude.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RTP, between you, CTYGGG, MrDv, and Bakes, you guys just killed it today. It was simply an awesome display of horses rump footwear. To all those who also posted their own family photos my thanks and gratitude.
That is a solid collection that you have going there yourself, by any standard. Your Cigar LHS looks like an especially fine specimen.

Don't know about anyone else, but all these collection shots today makes me want to take this disease to the next level!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks friend. I'm honored but those guys are in a different league. Don't leave out Zippyh... that was impressive.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well over $100k worth of Alden's today. I hope everyone's homes insurance is up to date in case of any disasters...

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 for 3. At least I didn't strike-out.

I did think that #2 looked a little grainy, but could not remember a grain WTB in that color, but now I can.
That would indeed open up an entirely new can of worms. Maybe you could justify just replacing the LWB, as they (
deadhorse-a.gif
) that they fit larger than other barrie make-ups

that is my hope.. if so, I'll atleast know I have another option should cigar LWB come into my radar

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any of these collections were the victim of some unfortunate mishap (god forbid), the claims adjuster from the insurance company might suspect fraud after hearing the value of a bunch of men's shoes :p

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only own one pair of Alden at the moment, woe is me...

However, thought I'd share my family photo of brothers from different mothers on this memorial day.

The All-American Boot Collection:

Back Row: Danner Mountain Light II, Red Wing 8138, Red Wing Hawthorne Iron Ranger
Front Row: Wolverine 1000 Mile Rust, Alden #8 Wingtip Boots, Allen Edmonds Fifth Street

Please excuse the horrible carpeting, it's a rental and I have a dog with white fur...

Nice boot collection. Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads