• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebarker

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm really interested in picking up a pair of Alden Indy's. I have reviews, opinions, and seen many pictures of them, I must say, I really admire the quality of these boots.

One problem I hope someone could help me out with is the sizing. I currently have Red Wing GT's in a size 8D, should I get the Alden Indy in the same size or should I size up or down half a size?

Thanks.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cigar cap toe boot
argyles otc

One of the best pairs of boots on this thread, period. More Alden stockists should be doing boots on Plaza with leather sole.

Hill

Reaction score
First up is the stuff that I have in storage.

1. Plaza pebble captoe boot, indy, BBBF pebble LSW, black cordo indy, BB #8 monks, NCXL wtb, AAAC wingtip, brown wtb.
2. Brown CXL ptb on commando, BB #8 wingtips, black calf 6 eyelet boot, NCXL PTB, black plaza captoe boot, ravello chukka, suede indy,
cigar captoe, 6 eyelet boot, suede/walnut lwb, brown jcrew lwb, sand chukka.
3. Blue suede chukka, black lwb on flex, blue suede indy, #8 Indy, walnut lwb on flex.

Missing: sand suede wingtips on commando, #8 Grant captoe boots, kudu chukkas, NCXL LWB.

Current rotation.

1. Black cordo wtb, cigar wtb, #4 captoe boots, black modified captoe boots, #8 lwb, ravello lwb, whiskey indy, ravello nst boot,
whiskey ptb, cigar indy, #8 punch cap boot
2. #8 chukka, unlined black lhs, #8 lined lhs, whiskey lhs (flash makes them look two tone), whiskey lwb, cigar ptb, cigar lwb, #4 ptb,
sand suede nst, snuff v-tip.
3. BBBF Pebble calf chukkas, snuff suede lwb on leydon, snuff lhs, NCXL nst, Epaulet Obscura "homage", scotch grain NST.

I was going to do this outside but it just started to rain.
Great looking collection.

One of the best pairs of boots on this thread, period. More Alden stockists should be doing boots on Plaza with leather sole.
I agree. Good looking pair, Mac.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yours isn't shabby.

Tough question.
If I had to pick 3, I'd go #4 boots, ravello wing tip boots, and maybe the #8 punch cap boots..
You could ask me again later and I'm not sure I'd pick the same three. I'd probably still go with the #4 boots since I like that color so much.

How about your faves?

#4 and ravello boots are some of my favorites as well.
My favorite pair (at the moment) is ravello ptb.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outstanding family pics, gents... Away from home so I may be late with mine

As I stand in my snuff suede LHS, I am determined to make a cordovan version work... Cigar here I come

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

#4 and ravello boots are some of my favorites as well.
My favorite pair (at the moment) is ravello ptb.

I sold a pair of ravello PTB very early in my Alden phase. One of my biggest regrets.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My humble Memorial Day Alden collection photo... Tassels: Cigar, Color 8, BB Mocha Kid Sude Balmorals: Cigar Strait Tip (Citishoes), Color 8 Punch Cap, Black Punch Cap LHS: Cigar, Color 8, Black BB Unlined (Implementing 'The Method' on each pair would have entailed over 90 min of brushing, so I simply wiped them down with a damp paper towel.)
[COLOR=417394] [/COLOR]
I will be interested to see what biases everyone has in their collections. I know RTP has a heavy weighting on the LWBs. Hopefully we have a good turn out.
Nice collection.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alden family picture back row: ravello day tripper, #8 plaza, #4 cap toe, ravello sw, pebble cap toe, ravello plaza 3nd row: #4-black saddle, #8 lwb, blue suede lwb, #4 atom, #8-alpine saddle, ravello lwb 2rd row: ravello ptb, snuff lwb, hayburner saddle, whiskey sw, tan suede ptb, black bb lhs front row: snuff-#8 saddle, whiskey ptb, #8 saddle, cigar lwb
Nice collection.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nephew,
thank you

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Only own one pair of Alden at the moment, woe is me...

However, thought I'd share my family photo of brothers from different mothers on this memorial day.

The All-American Boot Collection:

Back Row: Danner Mountain Light II, Red Wing 8138, Red Wing Hawthorne Iron Ranger
Front Row: Wolverine 1000 Mile Rust, Alden #8 Wingtip Boots, Allen Edmonds Fifth Street

Please excuse the horrible carpeting, it's a rental and I have a dog with white fur...

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only own one pair of Alden at the moment, woe is me...

However, thought I'd share my family photo of brothers from different mothers on this memorial day.

The All-American Boot Collection:
Nice boot collection! And thanks for sharing.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in the turnout so far...

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updated family pic. (Not pictured here is a snuff LWB from J Crew on its way.)

Top Row: Black calf SWB, Black Pebble Grain LWB, Camel Suede PTB, J Crew Calf Brown LWB, J Crew Calf Tobacco LWB
Middle Row: J Crew Color 8 Perf Cap Toe Boots, BB Color 8 Medallion Cap Toe Blucher, Black Shell LWB, Black Shell PTB, Cigar LWB, Ravello LWB
Bottom Row: Color 8 Tassel moc, Color Short Wing Blucher, Color 8 LWB, Color 8 PTB, C&J-RL Brown Shell Marlows, Whiskey Short Wingtip Oxford

Comparison pic between calf and similar shell color.

Color 8 Club (It is in fact king)

My grails (pardon me for including my Marlows).

My imposters... These were my introduction to leather soled shoes; my gateway drug. Alden for J Crew came shortly afterward.
Allen Edmonds Auburn and Florsheim Pebble grain LWBs.

Happy Memorial Day my friends...

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

A slightly older photo. But here is my growing shoe collection. Started as solely Allen Edmonds and now Alden's have taken over. I just got a pair of Cigar Cap Toe Balmorals from TSM last week that are not pictured.

Have a great day all!

CTYGGG

Reaction score
LWB:

Cigar, Ravello & Whiskey

LHS:

Whiskey, #8 & Ravello

Chukka:

Whiskey, Cigar, Ravello, AoC Brown Calf & Frans Boone Black Shell Six Eyelet

Suede:

Winn Perry Little Tanks, LS Safari (Sold) & LS Snuff NST

CXL:

Winn Perry Indy Shoe & LS CXL NST

Shell Boots:

Blackbird Chemist Boot, Leffot Cigar Indy & #8 WT (Sold)

Whiskey Indy & #8 Indy

Leffot #8 NST & #8 WT (Sold)

PTB:

LS #4 4x4 & Cigar

Whiskey & Unlined #8

Calf:

Leffot Westsider & AoC Brown WT

LS #8 Saddle NST & LS #8 Ranger

Ravello Medallion Captoe & Whiskey LWB

Think that covers everything, apologize for some pics that have been used before & for the two pair that I sold being included in the pics.

Bonus pics:

Ravello:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
horrible iphone photos of my small collection. suede chukka is from AE, couldnt pass up for $99 as i rarely wear suede and couldnt justify alden cost.
not pictured, as they havent arrived yet, as ravello LWB from jcrew. first pair got lost in shipping, have a smaller pair in the mail now, hoping they fit
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads