• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Big thank you to Katch for the heads up on the Ravello @ the J Crew Ludlow shop. I called and they had 2 pairs available, one happened to be my size. When I got down there they offered me 10% off because my shoes were the floor model, and when they rang me up they ended up giving me 20% off, Score!! So I ended up paying $575 before tax, amazing deal. They have one pair of 11Ds left if anyone is interested. This is my second pair of Aldens. I bought my first Aldens (brown chromexcel lwb's) earlier this week and thought I'd have to wait a couple years for Ravello which was my first choice. Here they are...
Wow, terrific pick up. Guess that we got our answer to the eyelet question. Wear in good health!

Last edited:

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
You are welcome.

IMO the 2145 is a better option for you than the 2146, but they are each fine models, and neither is a bad choice. I suspect one day you may own them both.
fistbump.gif
biggrin.gif

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am regretting not pulling the trigger yesterday on the Ravello LWB's. oh well... Hopefully a Cigar boot will come along to wipe away my tears

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NATE HUMBLE FROM ALDEN AT LSBH
On Friday May 24th and Saturday May 25th, Mr. Nate Humble from Alden Shoe Company will be in-store at LSBH to “talk story” about Alden shoes. We will also be releasing a few models to mark the occasion.

Unfortunately due to the current shortage, there will be no shell cordovan releases this time around.

From the LS website.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NATE HUMBLE FROM ALDEN AT LSBH
On Friday May 24th and Saturday May 25th, Mr. Nate Humble from Alden Shoe Company will be in-store at LSBH to “talk story” about Alden shoes. We will also be releasing a few models to mark the occasion.

Unfortunately due to the current shortage, there will be no shell cordovan releases this time around.

From the LS website.

They also got this Cigar loafer, $895 is not bad for Crockett & Jones handgrade:
http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2013/05/14/george-cleverley-george-in-cigar-shell-cordovan-lsw-lsbh/

bobbyc17

Reaction score
Wow, terrific pick up. Guess that we got our answer to the eyelet question. Wear in good health!
Yeah, I can't make up my mind if I like the brass eyelets or would prefer the shoes without them. Either way I wasn't going to pass up a chance to get some ravellos

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dig the brass eyelets. I think it gives it a bit if casual look for the warmer months

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Makes more sense now. J Crew did not get another round in. They just had a few leftover pairs from the run a few months ago

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There shouldn't be a big difference between retailers if the shoe is the same last. What you may be describing is a difference in fit between two Barrie models (for example, many report Barrie boots for snugger than Barrie longwings)

In my experience Barrie high boots (not chukkas) are more snug than Barrie shoes.

And just to beat a dead horse, I've found the same to be true for my feet as well. Shell Barrie shoes and shell Barrie chukka boots are all 1/2 size down for me where my Barrie lasted boots were too snug when sized down by 1/2 size. I probably needed an extra 1/4 size for the boots but since that's not possible, I went TTS and added a thin leather insole.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here ever own a pair of Heinrich Dinkelacker shell cordovan shoes? Interesting looking short wing bluchers with a triple leather sole. Check them out...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heinrich-Di...1846928?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4d0c7aa890

No personal experience but I've often wondered about them myself. You think a triple leather sole on a shell shoe is a bit overkill?

You can see the shoe in that listing and more at Ed Morel's site (Panta clothing) and the manufacturer has some additional images and info at:
http://www.heinrich-dinkelacker.de/

katch

Reaction score

Big thank you to Katch for the heads up on the Ravello @ the J Crew Ludlow shop. I called and they had 2 pairs available, one happened to be my size. When I got down there they offered me 10% off because my shoes were the floor model, and when they rang me up they ended up giving me 20% off, Score!! So I ended up paying $575 before tax, amazing deal. They have one pair of 11Ds left if anyone is interested. This is my second pair of Aldens. I bought my first Aldens (brown chromexcel lwb's) earlier this week and thought I'd have to wait a couple years for Ravello which was my first choice. Here they are...
Love those!!! I love the brass eyelets. Great move and glad you struck while the iron was hot. That jcrew is a great shop. Glad I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads