1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Don't forget that they have the straight tip captoe and the perforated captoe... Straight Tip Example: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...d-4060_ald_m_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html Perf Tip Example: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp Also found this, it's a brogued perf tip. Example: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...-mxsb-44921h_ald_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot.html Also thought to mention Chukka boots, Alden makes both 2 eyelet Chukkas and 6 eyelet Chukkas and the George Boot Chukka (has a monk like buckle). Also seen NST Chukkas and Slip-ons Chukkas. So I guess that takes us to 8 full boots plus 5 chukka boots styles (ignoring lasts which can change the designs "feel".) -Mike

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

LS just cleared those out in #8 and black for $395 IIRC (might have even been $295) in larger sizes.. Didn't look quite 'right' for me so I passed

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  3. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

I've always been afraid of suede shoes because I thought they were delicate and hard to care for. My short time on the thread has taught me otherwise. As such, I am hoping for suggestions on snuff suede LWB's, preferably on crepe.

I like the AoC model on commando but they are a little darker than I prefer (though I think I can live with these). I really like the Fran's Boone model with exposed eyelets, bot no crepe. I saw a pair on eBay with crepe but given the asking price, I'd rather go new.

Any suggestions on where I can get a lighter shade of suede on crepe or commando?

4. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

essential !

great score!

5. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

Don't forget NST and Medallion toe.

6. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

Uncle Mac, I'm very partial to the 990 because they were my first Alden's. Yours look particularly nice. Do they have a commando sole?

7. prez

prez Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Out to lunch wearing Humus suede lwb w/ crepe sole from Fransboone again .
    One of my most comfortable pairs
    Sorry about the pic, taken w/ ipad

8. prez

prez Well-Known Member

9. shaunw

shaunw Well-Known Member

Jgilbert has a preorder going right now for a 990 (#8 ptb) on a commando sole. I just hopped on it last week. Expected delivery in march

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Color_8_Plain_Toe_323.htm

10. BeSpiffington

Gentlemen, I've got a question this morning. I want a pair of shell Indy's to take the load off of my epaulet Innsbruck cxl's which I really love. Should I settle in for a long wait, or never, for these,[​IMG] or just go ahead and get a black or #8 on commando which I believe are still out there?

11. shaunw

shaunw Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with the #8 indy. I have the cigar version and am looking to pickup the #8 too when i can find my size.

12. BeSpiffington

shaunw, if your an 11D just sell me yours and you can get the #8's. Just kidding, kinda. Have you seen the black Indy's on commando?

13. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Well-Known Member

All of their Goodyear-welted models have a cork footbed. The other models will not.

14. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Alden makes non Goodyear welted shoes? I do not recall seeing any.

-Mike

15. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

Those are worth the wait B. Order those and wait to see if a SMart irregular has #8 or black on lists. I've seen them plenty of times on the size 9 list.

16. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Well-Known Member

Yep, see some of their Cape Cod Collection.

17. Nerkg

Nerkg Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have AF53 color 8 coming from alden of Carmel this week, are there any QC issues or any thing else I should look for? For that kind of money I expect them to be prestine, and I don't wanna overlook anything that I'm not aware I should be looking for. Thanks in advance

18. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

19. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

+1 Adam is good about visually inspecting all of his shoes.

-Mike

20. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.