• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steinski

Reaction score
does anyone know more about the alden wing tip style model 2088 (burgundy) or 2089 (black). they are up for sale and i dont find any reference online. cheers

mr chorizo

Reaction score

Personally, I don't like it at all. Don't really like the full-strap in general, and I own 3 LHS and 2-3 Tassels (third pair is en route, might not keep em [666 from BB]), and the full strap is sort of a cross b/w the two (penny loafer on aberdeen) Maybe if it were #8, cigar, ravello or whiskey, but I definitly don't like it in suede, especially black suede. ^Much better not sure I like black suede at all. What would you wear them with? That is a low price for Aldens, so I understand why they got your attention. I'm probably the first guy in the 46905 posts that has tried to talk another out of buying a pair of Aldens.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
Oh no...misunderstood. Would want them in tan, blue, or snuff, but NOT black suede. To me this is the closest Alden would get to a dress slipper

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no...misunderstood. Would want them in tan, blue, or snuff, but NOT black suede. To me this is the closest Alden would get to a dress slipper
Tan, Blue or Snuff would be better.

Still not sure it would tickle my fancy though, but it doesn't have to in order for YOU to enjoy them. They make some slipper that is on the Aberdeen that is essentially a tassel loafer with no tassel or stitching that some people consider a formal slipper. Its not velvet, not sure if it needs to be. I am admittedly not very familiar with formal slippers or opera shoes or whatever they are called.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The black suede full strap could be a cool summer shoe to wear with no socks and slim pants. However IMO if you want a shoe like that, go for a little more flair and just get a velvet slipper.

n-domino

Reaction score
Hi folks, what size would you recommend on the Aberdeen last for a foot that measures 26cm in length and 10cm in width?

I'm contemplating a pair of shell tassel loafers.

For reference, I wear a size 41.5 in the Vass F last.
I wear a 41.5 on the F last as well. I am a true-to-size 8.5 D. I just got on a preorder for a pair of Aberdeen lasted Aldens in a 8.5 D.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd care much for the Whiskey LWB, as i have the rest of the available shell rainbow in them (Ravello, Cigar, color 8, and black), but recently pics like this one ^^^ have made me regret not picking up a pair when I had the chance. Instead I have the wingtip bal on tremont in Whiskey. It will have to suffice...

musicboohoo[1].gif

closerlook

Reaction score
Going to sell a pair.. can't decide which one. I'm too minimalist to own two brown boots. I'm leaning to keeping the Context Roys because they are more comfortable than the J Crew Indys and have a great shine to them. What you think?

Another vote for the Roy here. I agree that you can always find another pair of indy boots later.

i generally prefer toe stitching, but that roy boot looks great in cxl.

n-domino

Reaction score
I really wish a retailer would consider a makeup of LWB on the Grant last. I think the Barrie last looks better on boots, personally.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really wish a retailer would consider a makeup of LWB on the Grant last. I think the Barrie last looks better on boots, personally. 

This would be great -

I think my favorite show is a LWB on the leydon, which is a fantastic profile. Grant would be really cool too.

Agree that Barrie seems more a "boot" last.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Black made a pair of black Pebble Grain Longwings and Black Shell Longwings on the Grant last IIRC. I do not see them now though.

I have the Pebble Grains and I like them but I do not wear them much.

david3558

Reaction score

Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Black made a pair of black Pebble Grain Longwings and Black Shell Longwings on the Grant last IIRC. I do not see them now though.

I have the Pebble Grains and I like them but I do not wear them much.

Yeah - the BBBF Pebble Grain LWBs are not available anymore - I checked with a bunch of SAs at both US locations and at other BB stores around the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads