• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This NRO sale reminds me that I'm still waiting on a pair of tan suede chukkas that I bought the last time their sale didn't exclude Aldens.......about 6 months ago. I just tried calling their customer service and they were "unavailable" and I was forwarded to voicemail. Oh yeah, and my card was charged when the order was placed, but I still have no ETA on when I'll get my chukkas.

poena

Reaction score
How does the leydon last fit compared to barrie?

I'm eyeing those suede bluchers on NRO site...but don't want to be charged and waiting months...dilemma

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does the leydon last fit compared to barrie?

I'm eyeing those suede bluchers on NRO site...but don't want to be charged and waiting months...dilemma

For me, the Barrie is 1/2 size down from TTS. My Leydon is TTS; however, if I buy another Leydon (doubtful), I would consider going 1/2 size up from TTS.

But most go TTS.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This NRO sale reminds me that I'm still waiting on a pair of tan suede chukkas that I bought the last time their sale didn't exclude Aldens.......about 6 months ago. I just tried calling their customer service and they were "unavailable" and I was forwarded to voicemail. Oh yeah, and my card was charged when the order was placed, but I still have no ETA on when I'll get my chukkas.

Not a good sign ...................:uhoh:

REguy

Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but don't you guys read? The NRO email clearly says Aldens are excluded. If you'd have actually dealt with these imbeciles in their brick and mortar store (I have), you'd keep your credit cards in your wallets.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but don't you guys read? The NRO email clearly says Aldens are excluded. If you'd have actually dealt with these imbeciles in their brick and mortar store (I have), you'd keep your credit cards in your wallets.

I'll admit, the savings definitely had me close to pulling the trigger on some 975, but the documented issues with NRO kept me from going thru with it

CTYGGG

Reaction score

After this long week, I need a drink indeed.

Here are my Whiskey PTBs on their first day in the big city. Finding these was near impossible! The third shot is in direct window sunlight...interesting how much darker they look.

Superb! Great purchase & as always wear them in health.

CTYGGG

Reaction score

I'm really going to enjoy these...

Color 8 Tanker Boots from Leffot, Barrie Last, antique edge, commando sole

Looking great! Congrats on a great purchase & they will become your go-to boot in no time.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NRO is all over the place with its prices.

$579 for the 9015 is the cheapest I know of. That less 20% is a downright bargain ($463.20). I dare say one will never find them cheaper at any retail store.

I just saw that. Any thoughts on the Hampton Last and this shoe?

Olifter

Reaction score

I just saw that.  Any thoughts on the Hampton Last and this shoe?

I have those in both black and #8, pretty much my go to dress shoes, I rarely go a week without wearing both. I like the Hampton last, 10D in it and 9.5D in the Barrie.

You can't go wrong at that price, assuming they will actually follow through on the order.

haresh

Reaction score
Gents, anyone with advice please ?

Hi,

I am a comfortable fit in the 5.5D unlined barrie last (Suede PTB) . I have very narrow small feet but a horrible bunion that the barrie last accommodates quite well. The rest of the foot still swims in the shoes though particularly in the the heel. Its a small price to pay.

Will a lined shoe in 6D in a plaza last offer the same comfortable width ? Trying them on is not an option as I have to purchase them online. Any advice from guys with experience in these lasts would be greatly appreciated.

Haresh

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to pull the trigger on a pair of color 8 tassel mocs... $495 with NRO's sale. I'm prepared to be disappointed. If it goes through great; if not, oh well. Thanks for the feedback and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads