• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Haines

Reaction score

My Christmas present from the wife

tmw

Reaction score
I wanted to show you guys this bit of customizing done by B. Nelson.

This was the J. Crew/Alden black shell wingtip boot from last year. I wanted to change the look of it and so added a storm welt and dbl. leather Rendenbach sole. As you can see the edging was done in natural/antique.

I love them and now want to smack my head against a wall as they are too tight. This boot was always a bit snug but is now decidedly too snug for me. I usually wear a thicker boot sock for our NE winters and can no longer do it with this pair. So it's a Barrie 7.5 that fits like a 7.

If anyone is interested it's on the B+S forum. They'll go to fleabay next week

cheers and Happy Holidays to all.

p.s. Mr. Spoo sold me a pair of killer EG's at a great price. Highly recommended!

tmw

Reaction score
p.s. I need to get my act together and post a few pics of my Alden collection as I greatly enjoy the pictures that you all have posted...

17 pair, 8 of which are shell. Actually 18/9 if you count the above pair that I am selling

Happy Holidays to all

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wanted to show you guys this bit of customizing done by B. Nelson.
This was the J. Crew/Alden black shell wingtip boot from last year. I wanted to change the look of it and so added a storm welt and dbl. leather Rendenbach sole. As you can see the edging was done in natural/antique.
I love them and now want to smack my head against a wall as they are too tight. This boot was always a bit snug but is now decidedly too snug for me. I usually wear a thicker boot sock for our NE winters and can no longer do it with this pair. So it's a Barrie 7.5 that fits like a 7.
If anyone is interested it's on the B+S forum. They'll go to fleabay next week
cheers and Happy Holidays to all.
p.s. Mr. Spoo sold me a pair of killer EG's at a great price. Highly recommended!

I once sent a pair to AE for restoration and they came back too tight. I made them aware of it. Their suggestion: they gave me a brand new pair of my choosing.

It seems to me BNelson will take steps to remedy your problem if you bring it to their attention. Perhaps you already have?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J burgundy shell captoe boots at BB online are on sale for 748.50. An additional 15% off is yours for the taking if you order online by 12/27 ($636.23). Still many sizes left. Just FYI .....

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well my Mother inlaw wants to buy me a pair of shoes for Christmas I posted earlier the Cromexcel LWB. So now I am trying to decide
between these two. What to do? I already have all colors covered so that does not help. Any thoughts from the crowd

The CXL is a more casual shoe. Leffot's tan Atom can also be worn with grey and tan slacks; harder to pull that off with CXL. The CXL will do well in wet conditions, with jeans, and will develop a broken in patina (the tan calf will just be tan calf going forward).

sfactor23

Reaction score

Well my Mother inlaw wants to buy me a pair of shoes for Christmas I posted earlier the Cromexcel LWB. So now I am trying to decide
between these two. What to do? I already have all colors covered so that does not help. Any thoughts from the crowd

I am partial to the CXL's and have my preorder already in
:)

tmw

Reaction score

I once sent a pair to AE for restoration and they came back too tight. I made them aware of it. Their suggestion: they gave me a brand new pair of my choosing.
It seems to me BNelson will take steps to remedy your problem if you bring it to their attention. Perhaps you already have?

No I haven't but you are correct. Nick is a great guy and I should have told him right after the fact several weeks ago. The reason I'm not unhappy about doing this again in a bigger size is that I like to wear my boots a bit looser than shoes and an 8D Barrie is what I should I should have ordered from J.Crew in the first place.

I did realize that they were a bit snugger than usual out of the box from J.Crew and that's when I should have returned them. If I can recoup some of my total expenditure (about $850 I think) I'm happy to buy a bigger pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads