• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regarding the Alden bb wingtip, someone mentioned that like the other BB offerings, the last used is different from standard BB offerings. This shoe looks like plaza last but fits alot like Tremont last. I take a 12 in plaza, 11.5c Barrie, 11.5 grant, 12 Aberdeen, 12e Leydon, 11.5 Tremont, 11.5 BB wingtip

Last edited:

BIG WONG

Reaction score

Model FD-31935 on Alden irregular. Guessing this is pretty much a short wing with alpine leather? Two questions:
1) how is the toe area when comparing LW and SW? is the SW more pointer? I don't have a pair of black shoes and I'm wondering if the above will work with khakies / wool pants. Guessing they are a little dressy with denim?
2) How good or bad are usually irregulars in terms of the defect? I know I have up to 90 days to send back but if I do pull the trigger, it will be mailed to mail box in the US and I will have to make trip from Toronto to grab.
3) Size wise I'm guessing I'm a 7.5 D barrie since I'm a 7.5 D in trubalance Indy
4) Should I kop?

That reminds me of the Atom.

ThArtOfWardrobe

Reaction score
Are the laces blue/navy? Hard to tell on my monitor with the afternoon glare. I've been on the fence about a black LWB...the colored laces really sway me toward thinking I should get a pair.

I must admit I wasn't sure if they were #8 or black.

Black shoes with bold laces are a great combo... Blue or red work equally well.

You are welcome. Black shell is great. Nice shoes.

nice choice. i love my black lwb's.
hard to tell from the pic: barrie or grant?

Perhaps this question alone (I will allow the recipient to answer) substantiates my claim that the black shell LWB, given its darkness, presents the slimmest silhouette of all Alden factory model shell LWBs ...

Thanks guys. They are black shell longwings on barrie with navy laces.

jt2gt

Reaction score
Getting ready for winter...so, thought I would start breaking in my foul weather LWBs on this rainy/cool fall day:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regarding the Alden bb wingtip, someone mentioned that like the other BB offerings, the last used is different from standard BB offerings. This shoe looks like plaza last but fits alot like Tremont last. I take a 12 in plaza, 11.5c Barrie, 11.5 grant, 12 Aberdeen, 12e Leydon, 11.5 Tremont, 11.5 BB wingtip

A true testament to why an Alden noob would be utterly confused as to what size to get. :nodding:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a black shell shoe that can be both somewhat dressy (suits) and casual enough for khakis and a blazer. I have narrowed it down to a PTB (9901) and a straight tip blucher (2161). I also considered the perforated Cap Toe Bal, but I'm not sure it would be as versatile. Any thoughts, suggestions, or other options? Thanks in advance!

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking for a black shell shoe that can be both somewhat dressy (suits) and casual enough for khakis and a blazer.  I have narrowed it down to a PTB (9901) and a straight tip blucher (2161).  I also considered the perforated Cap Toe Bal, but I'm not sure it would be as versatile.  Any thoughts, suggestions, or other options?  Thanks in advance!

What are your thoughts on a black cap toe blucher boot or NST shoe or boot?

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't purchased boots yet. I guess i'm open to the idea. I like J Crew's color 8 Perf cap Toe boot. I think the NST might be too casual, but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads