• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPFNY5

Reaction score
The big miss with the Leffot spectator longwings is that they used white calf instead of suede. I prefer non-gunboat specs.
JmDFE.jpg
Who makes these?

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys GQ had this article on J.Crew's new shop. However the bottom of the article there is a small Q&A with Floyd Gilmore of Alden. He says in the article that if you wish to be a new Alden retailer that the lead time to get the STANDARD line of shoes will not be until 2014...if youre lucky!?!

Demand is nuts...

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/2012/03/jcrews-quest-to-dress-men.html

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys GQ had this article on J.Crew's new shop. However the bottom of the article there is a small Q&A with Floyd Gilmore of Alden. He says in the article that if you wish to be a new Alden retailer that the lead time to get the STANDARD line of shoes not until 2014...if youre lucky!?!
Demand is nuts...
http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/2012/03/jcrews-quest-to-dress-men.html

That whole bit about being over-sold boggles my mind in this day and age. I realize that its a labor and time-intensive process, but c'mon...

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score

Very Nice! Could you please tell me where you got them?

Thanks! I bought them several years back on clearance from Plain Clothes in Birmingham. They had done a special run of them. I know other stores have also ordered the same or similar makeups at different times. Surely someone, probably a Southern shop somewhere, will have them this spring. I think there is a shop in Charleston that has carried them in the past (not Ben Silver).

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How wide is the Grant last? From the sizing chart it's right in the middle and I have wider feet. Should I go Barrie size or normal size?

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my experience, the Grant is narrower in the toe box. I'm a 8.5D in Barrie and 9D in Grant although I probably could have went 8.5D in Grant but didn't have a chance to try them.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what did you order? depends on the last. if grant, plaza or one of the smaller lasts you will probably be OK. if barry or trubalance you most likely need to size down.

Uh oh..
Brannock 8.3-ish C. I wear 7.5 in many boots/sneakers like f+b 745 / chucks/MLII
Ordered 7.5 indy.
F*** it ill just put a bunch of insoles

Last edited:

i10casual

Reaction score
Hi guys. I really like the Leffot Gatby shoe. But with no credit I will have to sell some sweaters and probably my adidas collection (which I don't wear anymore) of forest hills and such. Should I do it? Or do you think there will be some other, better version, out this spring?

ecox

Reaction score
Question: Do I need Ravello, and if so, what shoe?

I have Whiskey LWBs, Cigar chukkas, PTB #8s, and black shell captoe bals. As Whiskey ages, it darkens. Would it be too close to Ravello? When would I wear Ravello that I wouldn't wear either Whiskey or Cigar?

I know I'm missing a LHS, but I can't wear the Van Last, so that's an impossibility.

Thoughts?

velomane

Reaction score

What are those chino BTW?
nice outfit with a nice boots,FOR SURE

I don't think this has been answered yet. In reply to your query, the chinos are from Epaulet. Just be careful before you proceed- the Epaulet stuff has proven itself as addictive as shell, at least to me it has. I can't seem to post links, so you'll have to dig them up yourself: there's a SF thread dedicated to Epaulet - search "epaulet shop" and from there you should be able to navigate to the store's site. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads