• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesT44

Reaction score
I'm looking for a shell cap toe or wingtip to wear with suits. I'm torn between #8 and Cigar. The Cigar is intriguing, partly because it is uncommon. Is cigar too casual for a cap toe balmoral? Is it this dark IRL?

I have these in black and love them. I wear them with my black suit once a week. I think the cigar would be a good second pair to go with grey and other colors of suits.

HorseHide

Reaction score

I'm looking for a shell cap toe or wingtip to wear with suits. I'm torn between #8 and Cigar. The Cigar is intriguing, partly because it is uncommon. Is cigar too casual for a cap toe balmoral? Is it this dark IRL?

A couple of comments:

1. Cigar is not too casual for a cap toe (balmoral or blucher)
2. As has been posted/discussed at length on this thread, there is signficant variation in the colors of different lots of shoes so the actual shoe you receive may not be this color at all (the Shoemart picture is a stock picture)
3. I personally prefer the blucher to the balmoral and I believe that Alden SF has the cigar in stock (several retailers carry the Color 8)
4. As much as I like cigar, I think a dress shoe in Color 8 is one of those "foundational" type items for your wardrobe so if you don't have one already, I would go with the Color 8.

My two cents...

hermano

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermano View Post

greetings,
would like to know if anyone would like to purchase these at cost before I post for sale anywhere. purchased through pre-order from LeatherSoul, brand new, never worn, in original box with shoe bags. $595, shipped in US.

Alden Shoes – #8 Shortwing for Style Forum (LSW & LSBH)
Posted by Tom
Our latest Alden model was designed for the members of Style Forum, particularly those who post and read the official Alden thread.
The combination of Horween color #8 shell cordovan and an antique edgetrim sounded like a great idea and now that we finally see it in the flesh, Style Forum was right.
A double waterlock leather sole and regular welt round out the details.
As most of our order was presold, stock is very short.
(Barrie last, $595.00)
please PM me if you would like.
best,
scott

Size?

apologies, these are size 11.5D, Barrie last. original post edited.
best,
Scott

Last edited:

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, I've been trying to email A of C and they never return my emails. Is there a specific person and email address I should be sending them too?
Much appreciated.

Hey man, going to pull the trigger on those chukkas? I returned your pm last week. not sure if you got it.

sfactor23

Reaction score
On another note, JUST ORDERED MY FIRST PAIR OF ALDENS - Ultimate Indys in Chromexcel from Leathersoul Beverly Hills
Is it unhealthy how incredibly giddy/excited I am?
Not at all!
However, it will be unhealthy for your wallet when you discover how comfortable the Indys are, and your first instinct is to want to buy more of them :)

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seems like it's a bit far up to me; mine is farther back.

I guess it just depends on how wide your feet are. If you have a narrow foot (not necessarily a narrow size) that would be fine. It also depends how you wear your shoes as well, I see some guys here seem to barely lace their shoes, while others (like me) like to tie em nice and snug...shoe sizing is so dependent on so many variables. Thats why I hate "sizing" questions unless people can say, "I fit well in a size X" in a shoe I know well.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden x Leffot Color 8 LWB.

First pair of shells! :) Been coveting Color 8 for a while, decided "What the hell?!" the other day, and BAM! Here they are.
Didn't do a very good job reproducing the color in the pic (they look so different depending on the light)... That being said, I'm quite happy with them, and am looking forward to seeing them age.

Side note, NewYorkRanger's Ravello's make me second guess my purchase! Was torn between Color 8 and Cigar initially. I'm quite a fan of the antique edge though, and am happy I was able to snag some color 8's with that.

Cheers Gents!

I never would have guessed those were color #8 based on the image. That said, it illustrates the variability of color #8's appearance in different light conditions. Makes me want to say, "What the hell," as well. Great image and love the edge trim. Looks fantastic! Who makes that configuration?

cloudshift

Reaction score
^ Yes, the color is wacky in the pic... I blame the compact fluorescent bulbs in my bedroom. ;)

Leffot makes the Color 8 with antique edge... Seems a lot of folks don't like it, I was pretty drawn to it for whatever reason. I think it works really well as a casual shoe, with jeans or some khakis.

"It's casual!" ;)

LynahFaithful

Reaction score

How many people here sized one whole down for Trubalance? as a 8C not sure if 7.5d might be too big

I would keep your width at "C" and then size down one-half size in length. That works for me with my Indy's on the Trubalance. I'm 12A and 11.5A works well. I have found that I have to size down a full size with the Barrie.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fcnxj9.jpg

black tassel
argyle otc

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Unlined #8 PTB on the Flexwelt
IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

Tom just received a restock, here's mine with a few miles on them.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, interlockingny

Cigar PTB on crepe by Winn Perry. My first crepe soled Aldens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads