• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I want to pre-order one of the suede longwings from LS, but I can't decide which one. I'm leaning toward the dark brown suede - I don't own any dark brown shoes whatsoever, so I think these would fill a really big gap in my rotation. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what they'll look like though...have these actually been made previously, or is this a new make-up? Anyone have pics of something similar? I saw someone asked on the blog post about what the sole will look like for these, so as soon as that is answered, it should help me make my decision.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure I want to pre-order one of the suede longwings from LS, but I can't decide which one. I'm leaning toward the dark brown suede - I don't own any dark brown shoes whatsoever, so I think these would fill a really big gap in my rotation. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what they'll look like though...have these actually been made previously, or is this a new make-up? Anyone have pics of something similar? I saw someone asked on the blog post about what the sole will look like for these, so as soon as that is answered, it should help me make my decision.

I'm not sure if LS has made a longwing in dark brown suede, others on here may now. I'd imagine it would look close to the AoC makeup sans the Commando sole seen here.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

great seller, this was the person who posted unmarked #4 Atom's and another pair of unmarked whiskey shells previously, lol

The seller is actually a consignment store. I went in there, and they were selling the tan suede chukkas as well as a pair of Kudu indys for the same price as the cordovan shoes/boots that they had. I don't really think they have a good bearing on each shoe's worth. The #4 Atoms were in much better condition than the Whiskey longwings.

JPFNY5

Reaction score
The Alan C and Vanguard are both boots I covet as well. These #4 Indy's will hold me until the others are made...
100_1022.jpg

100_1025.jpg

STUNNING!!! Would you kindly share as to where you purchased these beauties??!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure if LS has made a longwing in dark brown suede, others on here may now. I'd imagine it would look close to the AoC makeup sans the Commando sole seen here.

Here's a link to a suede chukka slip on in dark brown suede from LS.
http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/11/10/alden-shoes-slip-on-chukka-lsw-2/

Thanks for the links....this is definitely not making my choice any easier, haha, I wish I could buy all three colors! The dark brown suede does look really nice, so I'll just need to decide which of the 3 would get the most wear. I was hoping to buy the snuff suede chukkas in the summer, so I wouldn't really want to get the same color longwing. Between the sand and dark brown, I'm not really sure which one I would end up wearing more. I guess I still have about a week and a half to think it over...

EDIT - I just saw these and now I'm really leaning towards the snuff suede....I really need $1500 to magically appear in my bank account

Last edited:

Simplicio

Reaction score

Dropped off my boots for dainite conversion at B nelson yesterday. The guy working there showed me a pair of natural cxl wt boots that they added commando soles. Looked badass with those soles.

I think the boots you saw might have been mine. They are the Epaulet Brixton boots. Now I am even more excited to pick them up next week.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think the boots you saw might have been mine. They are the Epaulet Brixton boots. Now I am even more excited to pick them up next week.

Can't wait for my pre-order to arrive! I have the LS Ultimate Jumpers I'm gonna drop off for some natural edge trip on my resole...think I should go commando as well on those?

Simplicio

Reaction score

Can't wait for my pre-order to arrive! I have the LS Ultimate Jumpers I'm gonna drop off for some natural edge trip on my resole...think I should go commando as well on those?

I like those jumpers, and might grab a pair for myself if I get the chance. A commando sole might work with them, but my recollection is that they look pretty good as is. Do they have a waterlock sole?

My personal preference is for the commando sole in most cases. I like the look, but it is also more practical here in rainy England. I think it will suit the Brixton boots pretty well. I didn't pre-order on the ravello boots, but I have the feeling that I may regret that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads