• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

shoetree

Reaction score
IMG_8791.jpeg

Ravello nst x AOM

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Bought these at TSM factory second (leydon last in 10.5d). Barrie 10.5d is perfect for me - these are a tad snug, but especially tight right here. Think the cordovan will break in at this point (seems like it’s a natural break in area for loafers so thinking of keeping them)

Attachments

• IMG_8730.jpeg
    IMG_8730.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 26

JTMD

Reaction score
Today's forecast called for a rainy day clod hopper..and these Chukka's in 8 fit the bill. Been one of my main go-tos in rain, snow, sleet, whatever, for 15 years now.

20240409_144939.jpg
20240409_145717.jpg

I also purchased their George boot cousins around the same time. The family resemblance is amazing with the only difference being laces or buckle.

20240328_072322.jpg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wearing Barrie cordovan blucher in 11D and Barrie suede LWB in 11E. Anyone else have such size variations in the same last?

I have always found Alden suede to fit a bit snug when compared to their shell offerings and typically size just as you have described. Same length, up one width.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t have much reason to rock these any more but the Cooper Foundation luncheon (honoring the legendary Chuck Cooper, original pioneer and first Black drafted into the NBA) is an appropriate occasion……..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t have much reason to rock these any more but the Cooper Foundation luncheon (honoring the legendary Chuck Cooper, original pioneer and first Black drafted into the NBA) is an appropriate occasion……..

View attachment 2164539

View attachment 2164541
Hampton last is really comfortable for me and I actually prefer it by a mile over the AE 65 last. These are Fifth Ave killers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads