• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried on an 8.5D 975, with regular athletic socks on, about a year or so ago. It definitely was not my size, but I am hoping that a pair of boots, on TB, in suede might be manageable. As long as it doesn't hurt my feet with a medium thickness sock, I'll make it work. I'd ideally like to wear it with a boot sock, but I'm not hopeful.
Fit is King…why pay many hundreds to have a shoe that isn’t comfortable?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean.... Is a brush and a splash of water not sufficient?

I second the recommendation for wipe them with a damp cloth and then a stiff brush. I used pig bristle. Other than that, they really do not need anything. In a few years, when you think they are getting excessively dry, use a VERY minimal application of mink oil.

Justaround

Reaction score
I second the recommendation for wipe them with a damp cloth and then a stiff brush. I used pig bristle. Other than that, they really do not need anything. In a few years, when you think they are getting excessively dry, use a VERY minimal application of mink oil.
yes, they are getting dry, any milk oil brand's recommendation?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20230509_083014.jpg

Todd Snyder collab

ThePetros

Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologies if this question is repeated around...

I just acquired a gently used pair of 403s but the heel will need replacement soonish. Issue is I live in London...

Does anyone in the thread know cobbler in the UK, preferably London that stocks Trubalance heels? Or will I need to reach out to Alden direct to source them?

I'm in no rush, I will put a heel tap in the meantime... but it would be good to have the info in my back pocket for when they are in dire need.

Thanks in advance

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just acquired a gently used pair of 403s but the heel will need replacement soonish. Issue is I live in London...

Does anyone in the thread know cobbler in the UK, preferably London that stocks Trubalance heels? Or will I need to reach out to Alden direct to source them?

I'm in no rush, I will put a heel tap in the meantime... but it would be good to have the info in my back pocket for when they are in dire need.

Thanks in advance

Alden customer service directed me to the Alden Shop of San Francisco for TB heel top lifts:

415 421-6691

Not exactly an answer to your question, but it’s a potential solution if locals don’t carry (which I don’t think they do necessarily).

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Unless you are dead set on having the stock “oem” Alden heel put on the boots, any competent cobbler should be able to perform your request.

I know these lads in England do a great job.

They will allow you to send them your boots.

Cheers and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads