• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbanor

Reaction score
Happy new year all. My resolution is to buy fewer pairs and wear my favorites more often.

That is a very good resolution @JSO1 , my resolution is similar, however, I want to have a negative gain/loss ratio in 2017. I suppose, that my 2017 is going to be more about refining (and wearing/appreciating) my collection vice growing.

-Mike

Though I feel like my collection will end up growing, I ended 2016 with a frenzy of Alden purchases (pictures to come). I think this year I'll hold out for the makeups I want the most and thin the herd in the meantime. And of course wear my favourites often
smile.gif

clementFR

Reaction score
borghini classics has a dark brown wingtip ball and dark brown wingtip boot in suede, both on sale right now:

http://www.borghiniclassic.com/eshop/en/6-designer-alden

Thank you, didn't even know that website existed (bookmarked). There selection is a little too cautious for me but the dark brown wingtip ball is interresting.

Those are great suggestions....for me I like my suede simple, captoe with medallion is as far as I go. I find that well worn Wingtip both long and short suede...boots/shoes tend to look a bit ragged over time. If you have a decent size rotation then I say go for it but if it is something to be worn two or three times a week then keep it simple with suede.

That's an excellent suggestion as I went for a whisky/shoe talk drink with a friend and he said to me exactly the same : keep it simple, the PTB suede is the way to go.

If you are still unsure, I would seriously consider the color 8 LWB as your first. If you are going to go with suede, the snuff LWB is my favorite of my suede Aldens. I am a huge LWB fan though. I have a couple of PTBs (snuff and camel), they are both very nice but I prefer the wingtip (long or short); I suppose the super bal would be pretty sweet also...

I really like your first picture in particular (the color, the shape of the shoe). Is it on barrie last ?

I also recommend doing the Color 8 LWB first. I love my Snuff Suede WT Boots, Chocolate Suede Tankers, and Suede Tassels. Any of those can be worn to the office.

-Mike

Well I see that ReppTiePrepter and you Mike have the same suggestion. Maybe the LWB will be in color 8 for me after all ? It's just I already have two pairs of #8s (wing tips 974, cap toe boots) and I was willing to calm the color #8 frenzy and focus mainly on brown and blacks for a change.

I'll think about all your good inputs and tell you if the LWB or the PTB (or anything else) has won. I guess that's the issue when you like many different things, in the end you just want "one of each" but the wallet replies "no, not today buddy!".

Best
Clement

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reach for these when my feet need some TLC. I realize not everyone likes a NST on Trubalance but man are these comfortable. For me at least, I find the NST design makes the boots more breathable than say a Plain Toe Boot. Enjoy the games today gentlemen...
Sorry for the
1f528.png
ed up jeans. Putting Christmas away to day.. Chores to be done outside.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
happy new year alden brethren! i was able to resist the green tanker talk, but it was close. someone please buy the unionmade size 10 and put me out of my misery.

snuff alt wien x epaulet and ep rivets.

bonus, our favorite tangerine tree is loaded

Last edited:

djbanor

Reaction score
happy new year alden brethren! i was able to resist the green tanker talk, but it was close. someone please buy the unionmade size 10 and put me out of my misery.

Those rivets are the truth.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

happy new year alden brethren! i was able to resist the green tanker talk, but it was close. someone please buy the unionmade size 10 and put me out of my misery. snuff alt wien x epaulet and ep rivets.
Looking terrific and Happy New Year bud! I expect some tangerines!
I reach for these when my feet need some TLC. I realize not everyone likes a NST on Trubalance but man are these comfortable. For me at least, I find the NST design makes the boots more breathable than say a Plain Toe Boot. Enjoy the games today gentlemen... Sorry for the
1f528.png
ed up jeans. Putting Christmas away to day.. Chores to be done outside.
Looking good Chippy. The best looking Boot is the one that fits nicely. I took Christmas down yesterday. Have a good Monday! -Mike

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same as Barrie and Van lasts.. this is a roomy last very close to Barrie last.. honestly.. It's probably my favorite last. These are from Bureau Belfast .. I think they might have a few more in stock but haven't checked recently.. I bought these with favorable exchange rate.. hope this helps

Last edited:

AMD500

Reaction score

killer slacks.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like your first picture in particular (the color, the shape of the shoe). Is it on barrie last ?

Quote:
Well I see that ReppTiePrepter and you Mike have the same suggestion. Maybe the LWB will be in color 8 for me after all ? It's just I already have two pairs of #8s (wing tips 974, cap toe boots) and I was willing to calm the color #8 frenzy and focus mainly on brown and blacks for a change.

I'll think about all your good inputs and tell you if the LWB or the PTB (or anything else) has won. I guess that's the issue when you like many different things, in the end you just want "one of each" but the wallet replies "no, not today buddy!".

Best
Clement
Yes, that snuff LWB is on Barrie. This pair is actually made for J Crew; the matching eyelets I think are a nice touch, not so with other standard offerings.

If you already have the 974, even though it is different as a bal/oxford than the 975, I think the snuff LWB would then be best. at some point though, the 975 is a must for any Alden aficionado!
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Yes, that snuff LWB is on Barrie. This pair is actually made for J Crew; the matching eyelets I think are a nice touch on other standard offerings.

If you already have the 974, even though it is different as a bal/oxford than the 975, I think the snuff LWB would then be best.  at some point though, the 975 is a must for any Alden aficionado!
nod%5B1%5D.gif

Agree with Repp here. Somehow I missed that you already have the 974. Given that, I think you have the Color 8 Wingtip scratch itched.

-Mike

djbanor

Reaction score
@gforce has a fairly priced Ravello plain toe boot, 10.5C Barrie, at the SF Marketplace that many here might be interested in. He did not ask me to advertise his listing.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweet combo DV and an impressive tree at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads