• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those rivets are the truth.

Looking terrific and Happy New Year bud! I expect some tangerines!
Looking good Chippy. The best looking Boot is the one that fits nicely. I took Christmas down yesterday. Have a good Monday!

-Mike

killer slacks.

Sweet combo DV and an impressive tree at that!

thanks for the kind words gentlemen. mayor, your order is being processed.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

happy new year alden brethren! i was able to resist the green tanker talk, but it was close. someone please buy the unionmade size 10 and put me out of my misery. snuff alt wien x epaulet and ep rivets.
bonus, our favorite tangerine tree is loaded
These are fantastic! Bravo sir.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey chukkas size 9.5E for sale on eBay. $580 obo.
Not my listing, but would have bought them if they were my size.

clementFR

Reaction score
Whiskey chukkas size 9.5E for sale on eBay. $580 obo.
Not my listing, but would have bought them if they were my size.

Me too, but I don't believe a sale on whiskey size 6.5D will come up on ebay anytime soon :)

bkdc

Reaction score
Here to pick some brains. Does anyone know a source of black shell cordovan Indy boots in trubalance last with commando sole WITH metal eyelets and hooks but WITHOUT the pull tab that's offered at Alden Madison?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here to pick some brains.  Does anyone know a source of black shell cordovan Indy boots in trubalance last with commando sole WITH metal eyelets and hooks but WITHOUT the pull tab that's offered at Alden Madison?

Why not just cut off the pull tab? As long as everything else is exactly the way you like.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neocork Shell Indy's this morning. I seriously don't understand why this is such a rare makeup, they're amazing. So glad I pulled the trigger on these.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neocork Shell Indy's this morning. I seriously don't understand why this is such a rare makeup, they're amazing. So glad I pulled the trigger on these.

I'm with you there.
They are a great makeup.
They would be great as a standard with neocork.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Guys, I'm looking to buy in 2017 my first suede alden's.

If you had to pick only one pair, not too casual so you can wear it in the office from time, which model / color & sole would it be ?
Some fellows suggested the Longwing snuff suede from Frans Boone Store, I like it a lot but I'm not pulling the trigger yet as I may want my first pair of longwings to be leather, brown or color 8.

I agree with a lot of the other posters that a #8 LWB might be the way to go for starting any Alden collection, but if you are hesitant to shell out that kind of money (pun intended) I think the snuff suede version is still a great starting point.

I don't see them get much love around here but the snuff suede 5-eyelet blucher is another suede make-up that is pretty versatile (works great with denim, chinos, cords, moleskin...).

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like something around my ankles in the Winter months, even here in the Sonoran desert as opposed to the Mohave Desert. We're higher elevation by 1500 ft.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seem to have lost it but what was the Alden info email again?

Still need to catch up to the 2016 thread!

kevin1367

Reaction score
Anyone elses indy's fit this way with the quaters this close? I opted for the 11.5E as the D was a tad narrow and had the quaters this tight anway. This is is with thicker socks. Second wear. Not sure on the fit but its too late to return them.

kevin1367

Reaction score

Anyone elses indy's fit this way with the quaters this close? I opted for the 11.5E as the D was a tad narrow and had the quaters this tight anway. This is is with thicker socks. Second wear. Not sure on the fit but its too late to return them.
. I should also add my toe ends at the stitching but the bridge feels a bit too close to my heel. The boots feel great sitting but then when I get walking Im not too confident in the fit. How are you supposed to try these things if you cant walk in them because you cant crease them and expext them to be taken back as a return or exchange?

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CXL has a ton of give. You might have been ok with a D width. It's not unusual for quarters to close like that even when they fit correctly. Some people have skinnier legs than others. Thing is, sizing is very expensive, frustrating, stressful, and expensive for exactly that reason. I personally have bought and sold 5 pairs for sizing/fitting issues last year. I took losses on all of them. It's just the nature of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads