• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plaza NST
244961479f1ca8b74f6aeba0a8bb62e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z8k1n

Reaction score
I will trade you my AE strands in black calf for these. The strands need new heels and soles. Let know if we have a deal.

biggrin.gif
:D:D

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Do they come w/original box&bags?
; )

Thanks Sazon!!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I will trade you my AE strands in black calf for these. The strands need new heels and soles. Let know if we have a deal.

:D:D:D

:slayer::slayer::slayer:

He'd be a fool not to take that deal.

gilby

Reaction score
Monday. Alden Color 8 "Dr. Jones" Indy Boot. Navy Argyles OTC. Brooks Bros Navy Houndstooth Trousers.

-Mike
Very Nice! Looks like the only pair you actually wear... All your others are pristine.
Are they passing into a more brown tone?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Very Nice!  Looks like the only pair you actually wear... All your others are pristine.
Are they passing into a more brown tone?

This is the pair that Dubs puts on after he takes his "shoe of the day" pic...hahahahahahaha

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May I know if anybody would found Saphir Renovateur or cordovan cream darken your light colored shells? I got a gut feel on this but not sure if anyone else share the same feeling or can explain why does that happen...
i find saphir renovateur dries shell. i don't use it anymore.
Not sure if this has been covered before but here goes...
I have a pair of crepe sole Alden boots, which I love to death, but the crepe has now starting peeling off in places on the bottom and needs to be replaced completely. Is this something I can go to a normal cobbler for? I'm also wondering if I should just go the route of doing a leather sole instead? For reference, they're this style boot;
Thanks in advance fellas.
i really like crepe sole. its more comfortable and quieter than leather soles on wood floors. we have mild predictable weather, my crepes have held up fairly well. i would send to alden for recraft.
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion. If you are talking about exclusively the color of oxblood compared to color 8, I suppose you could make the case, but it would make more sense to compare shell to shell rather than calf to shell. As far as the overall look of the wingtip boot (color and design) IMHO there is no comparison.
I had both the Dalton in walnut shell and the ravello wt boot. Take a look for yourself and decide which you would sell in favor of the other...

Warning AE fans, this won't be pretty...
late to the game, but...
this is mean.
I am 100% with you on this one. I think that AE makes many fine offerings, but I just do not personally like the proportions on their Wingtip Boot.
I bought a pair in Walnut Shell Cordovan which was amazing and Unlined. I put them on to try them on, looked down at them and then posted them for sale. It also really bothers me that they have no pinking on their front Wingtip. It took me a while to figure out that was something that bothered me about them.
Not my best photo, but this is the photo that caused me to sell them.

Contrast to my Alden Ravello WT Boots.

-Mike
this is meaner.
i love the convertible 1962 karmann ghia, but it should not be compared to the 1961 ferrari 250 gt california
even if they're both red.
Trying to decide between the following:
Color 8 LWB - Antique Edge - Barrie Last - Double Leather Sole
Color 8 SWB - Antique Edge - Aberdeen Last - Commmado Sole
The Aberdeen fits me better than the Barrie but I can wear either. Just not 100% sold on the Commando sole.
depends,
go barrie for casual with jeans or chinos, aberdeen for dressier with slacks.

Last edited:

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also in search of a black shell cordovan boot on the plaza last in sure 9.5D.

Would prefer a cap-toe or a wingtip of that exists..

Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads