• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joxr

Reaction score
I'm looking for the "Ultimate Indy" boots in black. Black work leather with black colored welt and black commando soles. LS has not had a run of this in years. Would definitely prefer this leather over black chromexcel.

Leffot did a run for black Indys with commando .. actually might have a pair left but unfortunately not black welt

mattw

Reaction score
Question for the room:

Say I got a boot w/ commando sole and then had a cobbler swap in brass eyelets. If I sent the boot back to Alden for a recraft/new sole, would they mess with the eyelets?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Nothing new here except the story:

I'm a size 11.5 narrow side of D. I exchanged 10.5 Indy's on T.B. to B+M for 11's because the 10.5's were too snug.

AoC had the above Regina Grain 6 eyelet chukkas on T.B. but only in a 10.5. I had to have them. Was willing to go no show socks or barefoot!. But the 10.5's fit great even with boot socks. They fit like 11's.

A story of luck.

Very cool, the boots are looking superb on you!

Trying to decide between the following:
Color 8 LWB - Antique Edge - Barrie Last - Double Leather Sole
Color 8 SWB - Antique Edge - Aberdeen Last - Commmado Sole

The Aberdeen fits me better than the Barrie but I can wear either. Just not 100% sold on the Commando sole.

If the Aberdeen fits you better, then I would go with that. The Commando Sole is a nice sole for inclement weather and for grip. If you plan to use it purely as a dress shoe, it may be a little inappropriate, but if you wanted a true dress shoe, you wouldn't be looking at Antique Edges.

Brixton refers to the district in London. Epaulet even says so in the product description. I've always thought it a somewhat strange name for an American boot since I associate it with British race riots in the 80s.The boots are still awesome.

Interesting, I didn't see that.

8bc0424d89a17ba58a97d2b84739bc9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soo good DonL.

Today's damage report..

I wear boots mostly in the Winter sorry for the same posts.. wait till LHS season.. that is how it is living in this climate..

Very nice Chippy!

Always feel strange calling these ravello as they certainly appear to be more like Cigar PTBs. In need of some cleaning!

Looking good Reppy in your Brownvellos. Yes, please share them some love.

- One pair out : Black cordovan Chukkas, 7D barrie was wayyyy too big for me.
- And one pair in : slightly used black calfskin cap toe derby, model 3E30.
Definitively on the classy side of my closet. For sure not the most impressive nor the coolest alden around but it will get handy at the office and on formal days.

They were in good condition already but I could not resist : Black tanil on the edges, black 1925 saphir cream, alden leather defender and of course lots of brushing and buffing in between.

If anyone knows what kind of last it is, I'd be happy to know.
Cheers

Very nice and congratulations on getting rid of your mis-sized Chukkas. Those are a pretty nice looking blucher.

Got the WTB's out in the muck in some beater chinos...

Those WT Boots look superb. We far too often overlook their calf offerings.

Looking good, buddy! Speaking of cleaning, did a little maclovin to 2 of my shells (sorry about the AE crashing the party):

8KiiCeP.jpg

Great work there CoolArrow. Nice work there!

Question for the room:

Say I got a boot w/ commando sole and then had a cobbler swap in brass eyelets. If I sent the boot back to Alden for a recraft/new sole, would they mess with the eyelets?

Personally, I don't think that they would touch the eyelets. You could leave a note tying it through an eyelet saying to not touch it or you could call and confirm.

-Mike

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nothing new here except the story:
LL
LL
I'm a size 11.5 narrow side of D. I exchanged 10.5 Indy's on T.B. to B+M for 11's because the 10.5's were too snug. AoC had the above Regina Grain 6 eyelet chukkas on T.B. but only in a 10.5. I had to have them. Was willing to go no show socks or barefoot!. But the 10.5's fit great even with boot socks. They fit like 11's. A story of luck.
I love the Regina grain and seems more supple to me. Not too surprised that it fit better than expected. I really recommend the leather to others.

Skelnik

Reaction score
Wearing my medallion cap toes from AoC today. I changed the laces from the Alden flat to a round lace. Besides changing the look it makes it much easier to get in and out of since there are no speed hooks.

bkdc

Reaction score
Question for the room:

No, Alden would not mess with the eyelets.

If you do have it done, let me know which cobbler you choose. If I replace eyelets on Aldens, I want to be sure they are two piece eyelets (smooth ring on the inside instead of the one-piece eyelets which are cut to form a sharp edged star-like pattern on the inside which scrapes up the tongue). Most cobblers will install the cheap one-piece eyelets.

Last edited:

mattw

Reaction score
No, Alden would not mess with the eyelets.

If you do have it done, let me know which cobbler you choose. If I replace eyelets on Aldens, I want to be sure they are two piece eyelets (smooth ring on the inside instead of the one-piece eyelets which are cut to form a sharp edged star-like pattern on the inside which scrapes up the tongue). Most cobblers will install the cheap one-piece eyelets.

Thanks.

I'm just kicking around ideas at this point, but if I were to follow through I'd probably go to Aram at AH One shoes due to recommendations around these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads