• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljkya

Reaction score

yes! demand a new boot/shoe. Had this happen on a pair of indy boots TWICE, after alden said they fixed it. Finally got a new pair and have had no problems. also make sure that you are sized correctly.

Did you email the same alden store u got the boots from? Or would any alden store do?

AMD500

Reaction score

Did you email the same alden store u got the boots from? Or would any alden store do?

brought them to an Alden factory store. I'm lucky to live close to alden dc. I would try contacting the store you purchased them from first. This sort of thing should not be happening on a $400+ boot, and any store that sells alden should take care of you.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Before demanding a new boot, worth finding out if that pair is new, used, heavily used, abused, etc. The boot should be well made and not have flaws but if that separation is happening after years of heavy wear and tear, I think it's worth seeing a cobbler or checking into refurbishing before demanding that Alden just replace them.

I don't know what the situation is, just saying that there may be more to it.

ljkya

Reaction score

^ Before demanding a new boot, worth finding out if that pair is new, used, heavily used, abused, etc.  The boot should be well made and not have flaws but if that separation is happening after years of heavy wear and tear, I think it's worth seeing a cobbler or checking into refurbishing before demanding that Alden just replace them.

I don't know what the situation is, just saying that there may be more to it.

I have only had my boots for 5months. I take care of them and brush them with a horse hair brush when they get dirty. Basically only wearing them to school.
I got in contact with them and they advised me to send them in fo a repair which would take about 2 weeks. In your opinion do you think I should do that or demand for a replacement? My boots are size 7.5c which is not commonly stocked, so there might be a long wait time to get a replacement as well.

ljkya

Reaction score

brought them to an Alden factory store. I'm lucky to live close to alden dc. I would try contacting the store you purchased them from first. This sort of thing should not be happening on a $400+ boot, and any store that sells alden should take care of you.

Did the same issue happen twice on the same boot even after they fixed it? Or did it happen once on each boot?

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have only had my boots for 5months. I take care of them and brush them with a horse hair brush when they get dirty. Basically only wearing them to school.
I got in contact with them and they advised me to send them in fo a repair which would take about 2 weeks. In your opinion do you think I should do that or demand for a replacement? My boots are size 7.5c which is not commonly stocked, so there might be a long wait time to get a replacement as well.

I am in Grad School about 4 days a week. If I wore only 1 pair of boots 4 days a week for 5 months straight, I would expect some serious wear issues to develop.

Wear issues to the degree that you are picturing? It all depends on various other factors as well.

But, in reality, I think that the degree of wear you are seeing may not be that uncommon for the amount of wear you are putting on them.

Thanks.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I wrong or does it seem like Leffot isn't doing close to the same number of Alden pre-orders these days? (Which, on the one hand, I am grateful for.)

Last edited:

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
Am I wrong or does it seem like Leffot isn't doing close to the same number of Alden pre-orders these days? (Which, on the one hand, I am grateful for.)

Probably a result of opening a second store and coordinating more trunk shows.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to mention leffot tends to get make ups confirmed in bunches so perhaps several make ups will release soon.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi alden enthusiasts,
I recently found a worrisome flaw with my pair of alden indy boots.

Is this a significant structural problem?
If it is, how could I go about fixing it?
Thanks in advance for the input

5 months of regular wear, even brush them clean periodically....
$500 boots....
Completely unacceptable.

totalair1

Reaction score
5 months of regular wear, even brush them clean periodically....
$500 boots....
Completely unacceptable.

Chiming in on this topic. I've had the same thing happen to a pair of Indys myself. Leather Soul sent me the paperwork to ship to Alden.
They tore the boots apart...fixed the issue and resoled. the only obligation Alden has is to repair defects. If they decide to replace thats cool, but
unless there's an issue different than mine...they are repairable...for free. It would be different on a new pair only worn a few times.

Steve

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Innsbruck Indy's just arrived! We've got 13 preorder customers to email later today. And I've got some open stock available: there's one unit per size, except for two units of 9.5 and two units of 11.5. This is most likely our only delivery of the season for this style. Posting it here so you guys see it before it's emailed out. The deets are: Brown CXL upper, bright brass eyes & hooks, commando sole, Tru-Balance last

ALDEN FOR EPAULET INNSBRUCK INDY: $585

We got two sizes in the batch that we didn't anticipate as well: a 6D and an 11E. So if these are your sizes, we've got them ready to go!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, E widths in stock!
Hey guys, Innsbruck Indy's just arrived! We've got 13 preorder customers to email later today. And I've got some open stock available: there's one unit per size, except for two units of 9.5 and two units of 11.5. This is most likely our only delivery of the season for this style. Posting it here so you guys see it before it's emailed out. The deets are: Brown CXL upper, bright brass eyes & hooks, commando sole, Tru-Balance last
ALDEN FOR EPAULET INNSBRUCK INDY: $585

We got two sizes in the batch that we didn't anticipate as well: a 6D and an 11E. So if these are your sizes, we've got them ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads