• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett and Jones Sizing Query (Lasts)

RA92

Reaction score
Hi. I am normally a size UK5.5E in C&J 341 last. I have Arden, Westfield, Overton, Sydney & Bradford shoes in this size, and all of them fit perfectly. I ordered C&J Audley shoes via their website in size 5.5 UK last year. I understand these are on a 337 last, which is a bit narrower at the toe box, and I was very aware that they pressed against my toe and also felt tight at the top of my foot above the big toes. I tried to “break them in” for a month but they just didn’t loosen off, and I was unable to return the shoes because I had worn them.

I then ordered two custom-made pairs of Audley, but on the 341 last like the rest of my shoes from C&J that fit perfectly. I received them a couple of months ago. I tried them on a few weeks ago for the first time, but they are still too narrow, and seem to fit similarly to the Audleys J have on the 337 last, even though these new pairs are supposed to be on the 341 last.

I’d be most grateful of your thoughts on this. Do the style marking on the inside of the shoes contain the last that the shoes are made on? I’ve attached the style markings in case anyone is able to decipher them.

The old pair have the following style code: 29447 5 1/2 E ST588755001.

The new pair of the same colour have this code: 59447 5 1/2E SP81889002

I have reached out to C&J for their thoughts. I now have three pairs of Audleys (two of which are special orders) which are unwearable as they are too narrow.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9339.jpeg
    IMG_9339.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9340.png
    IMG_9340.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9332.jpeg
    IMG_9332.jpeg
    551 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9341.png
    IMG_9341.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 40

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads