• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is cotton fabric. Part of the charm are the creases. Doesn't have to be super clean like wool. My take is that robot poses don't show how well a jacket wears because it's a totally artificial setup. I think the jacket looks good and I would wear that like a muthaf'er. Well done, bamboo. Good choice. 

You have poor understanding of back balance, there is clearly a small collar gap.

redrock14

Reaction score
I just visited Peter Lee (Lee Baron) and was one of five foreigners in the shop (all very well dressed, which I took as a good sign). I ordered two overcoats, a suit and five shirts and it ran about 2.3k USD. Overcoats were ~$600 each and the suit, fully canvased was $710 with the shirts ranging between $60 and $100 US. Peter said he was VERY busy and based on how many people I saw at his shop it certainly looked that way. He seems to know his business and was very pleasant.

I also dropped by Zee's and picked up two pair of shoes. I'll post pics of everything when i get them back in a week or so.

iSurg

Reaction score

You have poor understanding of back balance, there is clearly a small collar gap.

Show me one of your cotton jackets and then we can talk. Granted the back is tighter than ideal, it is still heaps better than some of the fits I've seen on this forum. At the end of the day, it is an acceptable garment to wear. Don't assume you know my reference point or what my knowledge of tailoring is. While your stuck into HK stuff, I've moved on from that. Never assume.

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Show me one of your cotton jackets and then we can talk. Granted the back is tighter than ideal, it is still heaps better than some of the fits I've seen on this forum. At the end of the day, it is an acceptable garment to wear. Don't assume you know my reference point or what my knowledge of tailoring is. While your stuck into HK stuff, I've moved on from that. Never assume.

Well people asking for improvements, if everyone is not being constructive, how can any OP or myself learns.
I have never said the garment is not acceptable, and I appreciate your comments.

I am happy that someone is challenging me, I miss that feeling.

Last edited:

bamboo

Reaction score
Multi post on Fitting thread.

Il Sarto. Kerry Knoll Summon cotton 2 pc. Half lining. I appreciate any comment.

Did I trim too much on the back?

Their starting price for 2pc is HKD 5200. Full canvas +600. Mine is total HKD 7100 due to fabric.

Thank you very much to everybody who replied.

Sleeve length is probably more due to short shirt sleeve.
Trouser length is a tad longer. Yes. They told me fabrics are pre-washed but I thought it is safer to go long rather than short.

Collar. I know what it means now. I was not careful enough about it. I take this into consideration next time.
Back. At the second fit, they asked me if I wanted trim further just a bit. Maybe we did it too much.

I hope this was helpful to members looking around mid-priced HKG tailors.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you very much to everybody who replied. 

Sleeve length is probably more due to short shirt sleeve.
Trouser length is a tad longer.   Yes.  They told me fabrics are pre-washed but I thought it is safer to go long rather than short.

Collar.  I know what it means now.  I was not careful enough about it.  I take this into consideration next time.
Back.  At the second fit,  they asked me if I wanted trim further just a bit.  Maybe we did it too much.

I hope this was helpful to members looking around mid-priced HKG tailors. 

This is probably the first time I see someone using this tailor. Thanks for the sharing.

addedfuel

Reaction score
bamboo, all the suggestions here are valid and pretty bold of u to get a cotton suit which turned out awesome. Giving me ideas new time I am at Il Sarto.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, I recently started a first commission with A Man Hing Cheong as I desperately need to find a new HK tailor since Chan's output has become quite inconsistent.

My first impressions were good and they seemed to have a good understanding of what I was after. Have my first fitting in a few weeks and am looking forward to seeing how it shapes up (particularly as there seems to be a lot less info on the forum about A Man compared to some of the other HK tailors).

Dib

Please share your experiences; while he has a great rep, there's not much on him here.

I just visited Peter Lee (Lee Baron) and was one of five foreigners in the shop (all very well dressed, which I took as a good sign). I ordered two overcoats, a suit and five shirts and it ran about 2.3k USD. Overcoats were ~$600 each and the suit, fully canvased was $710 with the shirts ranging between $60 and $100 US. Peter said he was VERY busy and based on how many people I saw at his shop it certainly looked that way. He seems to know his business and was very pleasant.

That is a large order; assume you have worked with him before?

This is probably the first time I see someone using this tailor. Thanks for the sharing.

+2; turned out pretty well.

bamboo

Reaction score
I will post some picture of internal and detail of the suit. It may be of interest to other members.

Last edited:

redrock14

Reaction score
No, first time with Peter Lee. I guess large order is relative. I told Peter I was giving him a try and if satisfied, I'd return. If not I'd try my luck elsewhere. I've got my fitting with him this afternoon so I'll get a sense of his work quickly.

nikeairx

Reaction score
I am wondering which is the best Hong Kong tailor around that travel to the US. I am curious who does the best work on custom shirts and suits, also the ones with the best fabric and what the prices will be?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am wondering which is the best Hong Kong tailor around that travel to the US. I am curious who does the best work on custom shirts and suits, also the ones with the best fabric and what the prices will be?

Ascot Chang is the best shirtmaker in HK that travels to the US. Shirts range from $150 and up. Gordon Yao and WW Chan are probably the 2 best suit makers and start from $1300.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads