• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Thought I'd give this thread a try with some stuff that I love that are at arms reach

From the first time I posted I noticed that I was probably one of the few that enjoyed this type of sandal. I find what are called "sandals" around here to be open sneakers, but nonetheless these have had the sands of many islands under them and I don't think a vacation would be complete without them.

These is pretty much my not selling ever collection of shoes I travel with, I have some other boots and high-tops mostly Maison Martin Margiela, but these are my favorites so far.

I imagine if I had to have some odor coming from me, this would be it. Stocked up on a couple Flacons just in case Creed pulls the plug. I've tested the most expensive and the Walgreens brand, but Virgin Island Water was the best for me.

I have purged my sunglasses collection down to my absolute favorites and these right here are my flag ship Cutler and Gross 0425. I first saw them on D. Greene in Quantum of Solace, loved them ever since.

As far as clothing there are way too many pieces I love, but just from a quick view in the closet, The Margiela Jeans I have beat to **** are my absolute favorite. I don't even know why I got into raw denim, after a few washes these feel like linen. The SS Mohair has some good stories attached to it, I don't really like SS, but this sweater is one of my most comfortable and popular with the ladies :smarmy:. The cream Margiela viscose sweater is by far the best sweater that I have. Pretty much all I like in one piece...simple, clean cut, interesting fabric, doesn't need to be layered. Sometimes I ask myself why I have so much clothing when I'm usually bumming around on a beach with just swim trunks on most of the time anyway.

Because I have this 1950's Pre-Cuban Revolution Havan Nights thing romanticized because of my grandfather I love watches timepieces from this era. Right now I am on the verge of purchasing a vintage IWC very much like the one in the pic. A wise man once told me that if I expected to buy this kind of watch as a piece that kept accurate time/wear for everyday use, I was mistaken and would have better results with the $5 watch being sold on the street corner. These watches are conversation pieces, a piece of history. I really liked that and thats how I wear them. Plus I hate the look of oversized watches that are popular today, way too flash for me.

I could write a lot more with some nicer pics, but thats just not my way

Fairbanks

Reaction score
Thanks for getting us back on track Regis. I wish I could rock your casual/luxurious style.

I have been hoping Synthese would fulfill his duty and add more of the inspiration he promised, but your contribution has given me the strength to carry on.

PS: When I try to add a thumb or read the thumbs of others, I just get bumped to the top of the page. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do not want to end up like this (or any number of other posters in that thread):

Welcome to Styleforum laughtr. I have the same problem.

I would love to see how Aportnoy organizes his shoes, which I understand exceeds 2,000 pairs.
At a paltry 160 pairs (not all are shown), I am at the limits of space over here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kashmir

Reaction score
i see your point. prolly only a dozen from that collection that are absolutely loved or carry emotional attachment. i'd take less item with more attachment rather than the opposite.

fireflygrave

Reaction score
that **** is fucked, that's so much money right there, and so many of the shoes are the same or barely different. makes me sad, guy could have a much more interesting and spare collection for what he probably invested in all that.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
that's true, but lets say you pick up 10 pairs a year for 10 - 15 years. **** builds up. not defending that, but still...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then again I think a lot of us can relate to buying one thing a month. I'm more of the opinion that if you do accumulate that much crap, sell some of it off and let someone else enjoy it.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

Then again I think a lot of us can relate to buying one thing a month.  I'm more of the opinion that if you do accumulate that much crap, sell some of it off and let someone else enjoy it.

one thing, not one multiple of the same thing we already have

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads