• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Always hated that damn dinosaur when the kids were small. As footwear he is growing on me....nice shells on those ample haunches....

Dalton_UV_2.jpg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help with the backstory? Model #7457 and coded 5149 (pic cut off) and have the COMB. so I'm thinking late 90's? Maybe 1999? Have searched issuu catalogs but no luck.

Know AE reuses names but this would seem to be a contemporary of the other Ashton so kind of confused here.

View attachment 2116293 View attachment 2116295 View attachment 2116321
Nice score. 51st week of the year, fourth day of the week, 1989.

Here is a page from the spring 1990 catalogue (these shoes were made at the end of 1989 for a spring 1990 launch, hence why they do not appear in the spring or fall catalogues for 1989).

IMG_3283.jpeg

dougc33

Reaction score
Nice score. 51st week of the year, fourth day of the week, 1989.

Here is a page from the spring 1990 catalogue (these shoes were made at the end of 1989 for a spring 1990 launch, hence why they do not appear in the spring or fall catalogues for 1989).

View attachment 2116441
tenor-2555159566.gif

Thank you!!!

December 20th 1989 - where were you?

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainy/slushy/sleety day. Wore these brown snuff suede Freeport boots instead of the waxed Higgins Mill because the soles are better on ice than Dainite. Went on Shoebank the other day to try to nab another pair of these to wax, but they're all sold out in my size in seconds and first prices, while still nice, just don't justify the double up. Should have had my brain in gear much earlier and nabbed another when they were priced at sub-$150. Oh well, just gives me something fun to hunt for later on.

IMG_7469.jpg

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I look at the outlet locations page on the Shoe Bank site, there are only two listed. Is this the current state of affairs? Sorry I’ve been away for a while. Thanks.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I look at the outlet locations page on the Shoe Bank site, there are only two listed. Is this the current state of affairs? Sorry I’ve been away for a while. Thanks.
You don’t need outlets when you no longer create seconds. lol.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marbled Dark Cognac Hamiltons waiting for traffic to die down before leaving the office. These have to be my favorite AE's and it's really not even close! Fingers crossed AE will bring these back in a future Shell TS at which point I'm buying all the options!
1000009442.jpg

1000009443.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members