• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Cody Hart

Reaction score
I am a firm believer in changing my sunglasses with the seasons. I normally stick to thin frames during the Summer time, and switch to thick/dark frames during the Fall/Winter. I am interested to see what frames you feel are the best fit for each season.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am a firm believer in changing my sunglasses with the seasons. I normally stick to thin frames during the Summer time, and switch to thick/dark frames during the Fall/Winter. I am interested to see what frames you feel are the best fit for each season. 

I never really thought of it seasonally as such, but I live in LA and wear sunglasses pretty much daily. I think I pair them more with my style of dress which I guess by extension does vary by season... just not as much out here. All I know is just don't wear Oakley's/sport-style (not that you ever would) with a suit like I see assholes doing more often than you would think.

Cody Hart

Reaction score
Hahaha you are correct I would never do that, but I see it all the time here (chicago) as well. Oakley sunglasses should never been worn when dressing to impress.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap pair of decent polarized sunglasses in either an aviator or wayfarer style. I read that ray ban lenses lenses aren't that good.

I see a pair of mosley tribes on sale for around 170. Is this my best bet for the price? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I read up on American Optics and Randolph Engineering sunglasses. I heard mixed things on them about their weight and quality and was looking for other options.

xcuneytx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Which websites do you recommend for buying sunglasses of good/original quality? The pictures on some websites don't match the received order sometimes. I don't want to end up with fake sunglasses probably made in China.

I know sunglasshut is a good one.. which other sites are good??

Thanks in advance.

mike1445

Reaction score
I havnt looked on Gilt for years but they were constantly running OP and Mosley Tribe sales. Just checked and they have Some Raybans and Persols up right now. Good styles come up now and again.

J Alan

Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the Persol PO2953S sunglasses. All the Wayfarer style glasses I've seen seem to have frames that are a bit too large for my taste. Does anyone have a good pair to recommend or know of a Wayfarer style frame that is a bit smaller? I know I'm cheap, but I'm willing to spend up to $50 for a pair.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

klonowj

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of fake Barton Perreira eyeglasses?

I've been looking at a seller on eBay.... Would anyone be able to confirm whether this seller is legit or not? Would help me out if I got some opinions, Ive been holding back on a couple pairs of BP I really want.

http://myworld.ebay.com/eurofshn4all

mr usneun

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of fake Barton Perreira eyeglasses?

I've been looking at a seller on eBay.... Would anyone be able to confirm whether this seller is legit or not? Would help me out if I got some opinions, Ive been holding back on a couple pairs of BP I really want.

http://myworld.ebay.com/eurofshn4all

never heard of fakes. I would give it a try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads