• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

chrispy650

Reaction score
No, but if it's any consolation, I own two pair of Bernardos. Great glasses.
Haha dang two!? Must really like them. I tried them on and really liked the style. Did you buy them from the LA store?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, both from the OP Malibu store.

Every spring they send out a $100 off card to customers who have boughtr a few glasses from them before, so each time I used the cards to get the Cocobolo/Java pair and the Matte Black ones.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
They're quite stylish for some beaters, very thick and durable. Oddly enough I get a ton of compliments on them. Beware though, these have a little bit of a cat eye effect so if you're face doesn't fit that type of mold than you could be fucked. I believe Union in LA carries them in their store if you want to try them on.

Last edited:

CDNstyle740

Reaction score
I was seeking some advice/opinion on the following 2 pairs of Persol sunglasses I am interested in, I recently purchased a pair of Persol 2994S size 52 and would like to know two things,

Do you think this size is suitable or do you feel I should exchange them for size 54.

Also, I am interested in the Persol 2953S model, do you think these suit my face better and I should exchange my 2994s or should I even go as far to get both pairs?

Any input on sizing/style or even alternatives are greatly appreciated. Thanks

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these OP Daddy B's authentic?:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh hey, is this where we ask what kind of sunglasses people on TV are wearing?

computurd

Reaction score

Thinking of getting these oliver people glasses - Altman. Anyone know where to get OP glasses at the best price (and still be legit)

Any sites to particularly avoid?

Last edited:

Classically

Reaction score

Oh hey, is this where we ask what kind of sunglasses people on TV are wearing?

I want to say RE. The temples look like they have bayonets on them and the frames remind of the RE aviators that I have.

dupper

Reaction score
I have a like new pair of Persol 649's in tortoise im looking to unload. I'll sell them for a reasonable price but I really want the new folding Persols in the caramel color with blue lenses size 52. If you have those and are looking to trade, Id love to :)

or like I said, I'll sell them for much less than I paid.

mr usneun

Reaction score
I have a like new pair of Persol 649's in tortoise im looking to unload. I'll sell them for a reasonable price but I really want the new folding Persols in the caramel color with blue lenses size 52. If you have those and are looking to trade, Id love to :)

or like I said, I'll sell them for much less than I paid.

size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads