• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

facet

Reaction score

That is a FIH knot, yes. But, since you're wondering what knot the SS website is displaying then I have to say that the knot you're looking for is a double FIH.

That's what I was suspecting, thanks. I've tried doing the double FIH as well as I quite like the look of it; but it always seems to come out pretty thick looking so that I end up looking like I have a stubby penis sticking out of my throat.

mans72

Reaction score
hi gents, may I ask your expert advice re shoulder width fit?
I typically have 19" as shoulder width for shirts but this new Jort (La Spalla) suit comes with a 17.7 inches (45cm) shoulder width. I just got the suit this morning and fit "feels" right as far as I'm concerned...i don't feel constricted or anything...however, I'm concerned that a fit with shoulder width might only come later and because this is the one thing that cannot be changed, I'd rather be sure straight away and exchange the suit if need be.
So here's a pic...what do you think re shoulder width, does it look about right?
thank you in advance for your help! :)

biged781

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but it looks good to me. Nice clean transition from shoulder to arm. The fact that you're holding up a camera doesn't help in diagnosing the fit however.

mans72

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but it looks good to me. Nice clean transition from shoulder to arm. The fact that you're holding up a camera doesn't help in diagnosing the fit however.
is this picture better? can you guys confirm that shoulder width looks fine? (the wrinkles at the shoulder head are normal, that's part of la spalla construction)... thanks again :)

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is this picture better? can you guys confirm that shoulder width looks fine? (the wrinkles at the shoulder head are normal, that's part of la spalla construction)... thanks again :)

Looks fantastic, to me. If you already measured it and got the 17.7 inches... maybe your shirts are a touch big... don't know, but the jacket look great. IMO.

Last edited:

emiristol

Reaction score
Looks good. Can't really tell from the picture, but you might want to get the waist pulled in a little.

Kroaker

Reaction score
hi gents, may I ask your expert advice re shoulder width fit?
I typically have 19" as shoulder width for shirts but this new Jort (La Spalla) suit comes with a 17.7 inches (45cm) shoulder width. I just got the suit this morning and fit "feels" right as far as I'm concerned...i don't feel constricted or anything...however, I'm concerned that a fit with shoulder width might only come later and because this is the one thing that cannot be changed, I'd rather be sure straight away and exchange the suit if need be.
So here's a pic...what do you think re shoulder width, does it look about right?
thank you in advance for your help! :)

I think it looks great. Love the color.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's weird that the Copenhagen fit is supposed to have the fittest fit (the webshop says so), while the Washington fit has a slimmer chest.

How is the cotton/linen jackets? Are the jackets lined with a synthetic fabric to make it comfortable against the skin?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone should compile all the fit pics in this thread into one page showing the different fit models... :)

I like the havana, lazio and london fits. I'm in need of a Navy blue suit for general occasions like wedding, interviews and whatever else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads