• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mister_nostyle

Reaction score

We are working on a revamp of our website and just looking for some constructive feedback. Some members have already given some great feedback to better the user experience. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking to make the experience as painless and simple as possible and provide as much relevant information needed. ie. better photos, more photos, better product descriptions, etc.

You need to make it clear on your website that the retail location is in fact a retail location that is open for business.

Currently there is nothing saying that you can come in and try on clothes, get help with the fit, etc. So the current website makes it sound like the retail is just a warehouse location where you could pick up orders.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, this may have been answered before, but I am interested in a MTM suit. Can you let me know what they start at and what options are included (surgeon's cuffs, contrast stitching etc)?

thnx!

Sorry for the delay. Custom starts at $595 for 2 Piece. Includes Half Canvas construction and all options. We have some clearance cloth at $399, but it's pretty slim pickings right now.

You need to make it clear on your website that the retail location is in fact a retail location that is open for business.

Currently there is nothing saying that you can come in and try on clothes, get help with the fit, etc. So the current website makes it sound like the retail is just a warehouse location where you could pick up orders.

Thanks everyone for the excellent feedback. We have already stated integrating these suggestions into the new design.

mister_nostyle

Reaction score
I notice your store stocks very few ties in the orange colour range. Any reason for this?
Just curious because orange happens to look pretty good on me.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went in on Saturday, shop was busy, which is good. Got measured for MTM shirts and ordered 3. Quality of materials for the $79 range was great I thought.

Also tried on a 38 Slim suit jacket. Fit pretty much perfect, maybe sleeves in.

Looking forward to my shirts.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the first of three MTO flannels. Overall I think it's pretty good for my first shot, will wash and iron it tonight to see what I might want changed for the final two. Might be a couple of tweeks fit wise. Fabric is a great weight and very soft, loving it and if the other two are the same weight and feel it is going to be a hell of a deal at $59 a shirt.

First thing that came to mind though is do you guys offer an unfused soft collar, cuffs and placket? I just seems a bit formal feeling for a casual fabric like flannel, I kind of wish I asked before having this one made up as it is my only issue for the most part. I suppose it will soften up with some wear.

Otherwise if you have any fit suggestions just let me know, I was thinking maybe let the waist out just a bit since it will be worn casually and untucked.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got the first of three MTO flannels. Overall I think it's pretty good for my first shot, will wash and iron it tonight to see what I might want changed for the final two. Might be a couple of tweeks fit wise. Fabric is a great weight and very soft, loving it and if the other two are the same weight and feel it is going to be a hell of a deal at $59 a shirt.

First thing that came to mind though is do you guys offer an unfused soft collar, cuffs and placket? I just seems a bit formal feeling for a casual fabric like flannel, I kind of wish I asked before having this one made up as it is my only issue for the most part. I suppose it will soften up with some wear.

Otherwise if you have any fit suggestions just let me know, I was thinking maybe let the waist out just a bit since it will be worn casually and untucked.

I think the shoulder could be sloped slightly.
Possibly reduce the bicep/armhole for a slimmer profile.

For the collar, it should have been an unfused interlining. A single layer of a non-woven. It can be done with a softer layer of self fabric or even no interlining at all.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the shoulder could be sloped slightly.
Possibly reduce the bicep/armhole for a slimmer profile.

For the collar, it should have been an unfused interlining. A single layer of a non-woven. It can be done with a softer layer of self fabric or even no interlining at all.

My fault, it is indeed unfused but a bit stiff. Feeling the collar and cuff I think I will wait until they are washed to see how they feel after that I suspect they will soften up a bit. If not I will decide on the softer layer or possibly not lined at all.

Thanks for the suggestions on the bicep and shoulder slope, I allow for a shoulder slop on my Proper Cloth shirts but did not know that was an option with you guys.

How do I go about making changes for the balance of the order when I am ready?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My fault, it is indeed unfused but a bit stiff. Feeling the collar and cuff I think I will wait until they are washed to see how they feel after that I suspect they will soften up a bit. If not I will decide on the softer layer or possibly not lined at all.

Thanks for the suggestions on the bicep and shoulder slope, I allow for a shoulder slop on my Proper Cloth shirts but did not know that was an option with you guys.

How do I go about making changes for the balance of the order when I am ready?

Just email the desired changes to [email protected] and quote your Order#.

Cheers,
Rick

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I may add another suggestion - I think your cuffs are a bit too loose which makes the sleeves look much too long.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I may add another suggestion - I think your cuffs are a bit too loose which makes the sleeves look much too long.

Good call, not sure why it seems so big as I measured based off a few other shirts but I will slim that down a bit.

A quick pic after washing tonight. Actually loving the fit, probably change the cuff, collar and placket to unlined, adjust for sloping shoulders and slim up those cuffs. I might still slim up the arms, can't decide quite yet. I don't think it looks out of proportion to the body so should be ok.

Does the shoulder look like it needs to be brought in a bit? Tough to tell when taking the pic myself lol, should have used a timer.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say give it a few more washes and see how you feel. My very first MTM shirt was like yours actually. The arms were loose and I had a issue with my shoulder but that was fixed in my next order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads