• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SF spiermackay.

Great promo price on those pants. I work downtown and would love to visit you guys when you open a store there.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi 7_rocket. Thanks for the welcome.

We will be downtown shortly with a pop-up and a few joint events with other brands that cater to the same clients. We'll announce here as well for our Toronto followers!

Thanks again!
Rick

Reaction score
I'm confused by the shirt sizing chart.

Under General Fitting, it says a 16.5 fits up to at 42" chest. Classic says 16.5 = 49" chest, Contemporary says 16.5 = 51" chest, and there aren't measurements for the Slim Fit. Can you please clarify?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm confused by the shirt sizing chart.

Under General Fitting, it says a 16.5 fits up to at 42" chest. Classic says 16.5 = 49" chest, Contemporary says 16.5 = 51" chest, and there aren't measurements for the Slim Fit. Can you please clarify?
Hi Mechanicalmatt,

We agree the chart is confusing. We're actually having a new one done up that will be more straight forward with pics, etc. Should be up in a couple of weeks inc. slim fit will be included. Our web programer didn't line up the columns correctly as needed. Getting this fixed.

The General Fitting, is based on body size. So if you have an actual body measurement at your chest of 42, then a 16.5 would be the appropriate size. The Other sizes you see are actual garment measurements. So a Classic Shirt has an actual garment chest of 49 and the actual contemporary garment chest = 47.

The specs for the 16 1/2 Slim are as follows:

Collar: 16.75
Chest: 45.5
Waist: 41.5
Shoulder: 19.25
Sleeve: 36
Length: 31

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with or need clarifying.

Regards,
Rick

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Swung by the showroom today and left with 4 shirts. Very nice quality and a ridiculous value. Their "Contemporary Fit" shirts were very close to my Eton "Contemporary Fit" shirts. Which is to say, damn near perfect for me.

Thanks Roger for stopping by. Always great to see an impeccably dressed gentleman walk through the door. Very glad you found the fit and quality to your liking!

Cheers,
Rick

LaymanX

Reaction score
Hi Rick,

Any idea when the popup shop will be launched? Definitely interested in checking out the wares!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Rick,

Any idea when the popup shop will be launched? Definitely interested in checking out the wares!

Hi LaymanX

Don't have a solid date down yet. Looking for the space. We are looking at late April/early May if we can get the right space. We also have some Joint events planned for May and June. Keep eye out here or sign up to our newsletter (http://www.spierandmackay.com/email_signup.php) to stay in the loop! We also post on FB, but the organic reach has become useless really.

Cheers,
Rick

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I bought a couple of oxfords from you guys a while back. Love them. Exactly what I was looking for and couldn't beat the price for the quality you guys offer.. Samira was a great help and a pleasure to deal with as well.

Any progress on offering shorter sleeve lengths for us shorter guys? I had to get the sleeve shortened nearly 2 inches, which is ok, but makes the placket look weird.

Also any progress on Oxford cloths for Custom? When I was in Rick mentioned he was working on it.

Thx.

Hi Traditionalway,

Glad you like the shirts and service. We work hard on both!

As a small volume manufacturer, we have to work around single sleeve lengths at the moment as multiple sleeve lengths would require higher volume production/style. We are not quite there yet, but should be on the horizon. Most possibly by fall if everything falls into place the way we are planning.

We are actually have something up our sleeves in regards to the great oxford shirt for the future.

Any specific colours for oxford that you are looking for in Custom. We have a couple of good sources now that provide a great quality and a decent range of colours.

Rick

mmmtttt

Reaction score
Hi, always nice to see some new canadian stores.

I was wondering, would it be possible for you to put up a picture of one of your RTW shirts with tie and jacket. Im just curious what the colar looks like, highly considering getting the 3 shirts for 120 as this is just insane value.

Thanks!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I was wondering, would it be possible for you to put up a picture of one of your RTW shirts with tie and jacket. Im just curious what the colar looks like, highly considering getting the 3 shirts for 120 as this is just insane value.

Thanks!

Hi mmmtttt,

We actually had some shirts/tie/jacket combos photographed on the weekend. Just waiting on those images to get back to us.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can pull something together before the end of the day. A good majority of shirts are semi-spread and work rather well with suits. Not too wide, not too narrow.

Rick.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks!

Ignore the combination, I literally grabbed stuff that was open already and threw it on. This is our Semi-Spread. I'll try to get a Full Spread up as well soon.

mmmtttt

Reaction score
Ignore the combination, I literally grabbed stuff that was open already and threw it on. This is our Semi-Spread. I'll try to get a Full Spread up as well soon.

Thanks a lot, this is really helpful, very nice collar for RTW and will definately get a few.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads