• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Identity Crisis

Reaction score
I know this isn’t a sale thread (we really do need an S&M one) but figured I’d let you guys know

I am looking to sell 3 35 slim chinos, in olive, British khaki and navy. All have been hemmed to aprox 30” inseam with a couple inches to let out. All have been worn less than 5 times

I also have 2 16x34 slim medium blue oxfords from this f/w

Open to offers on any/all of it, just want to clear it out

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I know this isn’t a sale thread (we really do need an S&M one) but figured I’d let you guys know

I am looking to sell 3 35 slim chinos, in olive, British khaki and navy. All have been hemmed to aprox 30” inseam with a couple inches to let out. All have been worn less than 5 times

I also have 2 16x34 slim medium blue oxfords from this f/w

Open to offers on any/all of it, just want to clear it out

32Slim, hemmed to 30.5” with 3” to let out. As-new. Open to offers and trades:

https://www.spierandmackay.com/medium-blue-heather-slim-trouser.html

Haha, we really do need a sale thread. Seems like that's mentioned every other day. I have something to sell as well.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, if anyone is looking to offload 44 Jacket/38 Trouser products, I'm interested.

Unless the suit or jacket is haunted.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a black tie gala to attend this weekend. Don't have a tux. Charcoal peak lapel, white french cuff shirt, black grenadine tie, that should do in a pinch yeah?
Another suggestion: find a midnight blue, or burgundy, plain bow tie before then. It should be relatively easy to find, or you can order online somewhere with next day delivery, and will ensure a coherent look that fits in better with the rest of the party, whilst, on sufficiently wide angle and overexposed photos (as wedding photographers like to take) may pass as black tie.

I see two issues with the black grenadine tie. First, the tie-at-a-black tie-event thing is the kind of thing you see people do to draw attention to themselves, to show how subversive they (or their stylists, at the Oscars) are to ignore the dress code. It's tiring, because it has been done and is done so much still today; and because a wedding isn't "the system" and there's little upside to being subversive to your own friend. Second, a grey suit with white shirt and black tie (bow or not) is distinctly funereal, and some within the wedding party may resent what you are implicitly saying about the future of that union ;)

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Another suggestion: find a midnight blue, or burgundy, plain bow tie before then. It should be relatively easy to find, or you can order online somewhere with next day delivery, and will ensure a coherent look that fits in better with the rest of the party, whilst, on sufficiently wide angle and overexposed photos (as wedding photographers like to take) may pass as black tie.

I see two issues with the black grenadine tie. First, the tie-at-a-black tie-event thing is the kind of thing you see people do to draw attention to themselves, to show how subversive they (or their stylists, at the Oscars) are to ignore the dress code. It's tiring, because it has been done and is done so much still today; and because a wedding isn't "the system" and there's little upside to being subversive to your own friend. Second, a grey suit with white shirt and black tie (bow or not) is distinctly funereal, and some within the wedding party may resent what you are implicitly saying about the future of that union ;)

I don't disagree with you, but did @Ezio say it's a wedding?

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't disagree with you, but did @Ezio say it's a wedding?

Haha it's not a wedding. It's an industry awards gala in downtown Vancouver.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, my bad for speed reading. I think midnight blue is a better idea then. In the dark, looks almost like black tie.

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Excited for the brown linen suit. I am curious what shoes you guys intend to wear with them. I have never owned a brown suit before and my only oxfords are black. I am considering buying dark brown suede semi brogues to pair with the suit. I could see wearing them with odd jacket combinations as well.

I wonder if a coffee brown such as these Tricker's would be too light for the suit. Hard to tell on work monitors. https://www.trickers.com/uk/mens/town-shoes/trenton-9616.html

Those are a nice pair of adelaides and I think they would work quite well with the suit.

infinidox

Reaction score
Has anyone got the green (or any) of the new cotton sportcoats and/or suits? Would love to see some real life shots

Grabbed the green, but will be returning it, sadly. Fits a fair bit slimmer than my flannel/tweed/linen SCs, especially in the sleeves, and also is brown under the fluorescent and LED lights in my house. Even in sunlight it’s not nearly as green as last years tweed, which had plenty of brown flecks.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed the green, but will be returning it, sadly. Fits a fair bit slimmer than my flannel/tweed/linen SCs, especially in the sleeves, and also is brown under the fluorescent and LED lights in my house. Even in sunlight it’s not nearly as green as last years tweed, which had plenty of brown flecks.
Can you post a pic? Hard to imagine how that very green jacket reads as brown under indoor lights.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatieB